2022 Expeditions

12,848 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by kcag96
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know when they'll be coming out? Not much on the google.
reproag
AG
Ford is supposed to tell us next week when we can expect 2022 Expedition.
agcrock2005
AG
reproag said:

Thanks. Do you expect that to have any effect on the 2021 prices? I was hoping that a huge influx of 2022's might allow for a decent buy opportunity on a 2021. Looking to get my wife into 2021 or 2022 in the next couple months.
Mmetag10
AG
Honest answer is not much. I talked to the texags hookup the other day and she said it was 3 months plus before i could get a 22 anyway so no they arent gonna drop the price on a 21 you can buy today.
agcrock2005
AG
Mmetag10 said:

Honest answer is not much. I talked to the texags hookup the other day and she said it was 3 months plus before i could get a 22 anyway so no they arent gonna drop the price on a 21 you can buy today.
Thanks. I meant more so when the 22's are actually on the lot and showing up in bulk, will that then effect the 21's that are remaining. I know in previous worlds that was always the case but everything is so jacked up now that I'm not sure.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Not a whole lot of 21 inventory to begin with, at least not as many as years past
Buck Turgidson
I'm curious if there are a bunch of 2021 Expeditions sitting around waiting for chips. If so, I wonder how those will be finally sold off.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
KTP has been focusing on trying to get Super duty trucks built. That plus a covid shutdown, retooling for two weeks in June, and a robot catching on fire on the Navigator line has hurt production.

FWIW, KTP already has stopped accepting 2022 Super Duty orders.

The 22 Expedition will get Sync4, updated grille and taillights and mayyyyybe the Powerboost (rumored for Job 2).

Order acceptance is 13 Oct 2021, scheduling starts 18 Nov, and estimated production start is 8 Jan 22.
reproag
AG
agcrock2005 said:

reproag said:

Thanks. Do you expect that to have any effect on the 2021 prices? I was hoping that a huge influx of 2022's might allow for a decent buy opportunity on a 2021. Looking to get my wife into 2021 or 2022 in the next couple months.
PM Sent
agcrock2005
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

KTP has been focusing on trying to get Super duty trucks built. That plus a covid shutdown, retooling for two weeks in June, and a robot catching on fire on the Navigator line has hurt production.

The 22 Expedition will get Sync4, updated grille and taillights and mayyyyybe the Powerboost (rumored for Job 2).

Order acceptance is 13 Oct 2021, scheduling starts 18 Nov, and estimated production start is 8 Jan 22.
So they haven't even started making the 22's? I thought they were shipping in the next few weeks. I'm so confused...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

So they haven't even started making the 22's? I thought they were shipping in the next few weeks. I'm so confused...

22 Super Duty, yes. 2022 Expedition, no.
agcrock2005
AG
Well that sucks and goes against every article I've read, but you sound knowledgeable on the subject so I guess they're all wrong.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Well that sucks and goes against every article I've read, but you sound knowledgeable on the subject so I guess they're all wrong.
agcrock2005
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

Do you work at Ford or have an insider sending you this? Wondering if I should send to the guy I buy Ford's from since he doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Lol
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

Do you work at Ford or have an insider sending you this? Wondering if I should send to the guy I buy Ford's from since he doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Lol

I'm just a Ford nerd. But have a lot of friends "inside".
ttha_aggie_09
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

I'm just a Ford nerd. But have a lot of friends "inside".
Yesterday
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Dammit. Was about to order a 22 SD too. Is that the only plant that makes them?
agcrock2005
AG
Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I'm wondering how this works. Talked to Ford guy that I've bought 4 vehicles from over the last 8 years (wife and me) and he ordered 2022 SD for two people I know just in the past couple days. Do they make them elsewhere too?

I'm considering trying to take advantage of my current trade-in value on my 2019 SD and get new 2022 for not much more...just have to figure out what to do between now and when truck gets here...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

KTP makes all the expigators and Super duty pickups.

Retail orders are almost balanced out. If you order, you're likely getting a 23.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I'm wondering how this works. Talked to Ford guy that I've bought 4 vehicles from over the last 8 years (wife and me) and he ordered 2022 SD for two people I know just in the past couple days. Do they make them elsewhere too?

I'm considering trying to take advantage of my current trade-in value on my 2019 SD and get new 2022 for not much more...just have to figure out what to do between now and when truck gets here...
The bubble is about to burst or has burst. Wholesale prices are plummeting.
Yesterday
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Retail orders are almost balanced out. If you order, you're likely getting a 23.

Yikes. Which means I probably won't see it until August?
agcrock2005
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

The bubble is about to burst or has burst. Wholesale prices are plummeting.
Too bad I don't have an extra vehicle laying around to take advantage of the trade in value now and wait for these prices to come back down a little...what a weird market.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I imagine 23 production will start in November.
Yesterday
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I imagine 23 production will start in November.

November 2022?
Yesterday
AG
Just talked to a Ford salesman about ordering and he said they're 30-40 weeks out. And he's a salesman so that's probably optimistic.
reproag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Yesterday said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

FWIW Ford is telling dealerships retail orders are still open and stock orders are by priority. If that is correct it means that if a customer orders one you should get a 22 but if the dealership orders a SD for the lot it probably will not get built. We had 12 SD retail orders picked up to be build this past Thursday.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
You are correct. Fleet has balanced out already.
agcrock2005
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

The guy I've bought 4 Ford's from told me this was wrong last week...and then just texted me "The owner of our dealership just said that schedule you send me , he just got. That guy knows his *****"

agcrock2005
AG
You still think people ordering expeditions when order bank open will end up getting a 2023? If they're really backed up 10 months or so, it would make sense Ford would just skip the 22's.
Picard
AG
agcrock2005 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

The guy I've bought 4 Ford's from told me this was wrong last week...and then just texted me "The owner of our dealership just said that schedule you send me , he just got. That guy knows his *****"

1Ags for the win!
Macarthur
I haven't cared for this newest version of the Expeditions. Look ugly to me.

Will be interested to see the new ones.
agcrock2005
AG
Macarthur said:

Interesting. I love the new ones but hate the old ones. My wife has a 17 and I can't stand it.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

agcrock2005 said:

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

You still think people ordering expeditions when order bank open will end up getting a 2023? If they're really backed up 10 months or so, it would make sense Ford would just skip the 22's.
We;re talking 2023 Super Duty.
2022 Expedition production will start 1/8/2022.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Macarthur said:

Interesting. I love the new ones but hate the old ones. My wife has a 17 and I can't stand it.

Looks kind of Maverickish....which may be the direction they go with their design language.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.