Title question

812 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by water turkey
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have the blue title in my name. However, was going to give it to my daughter and we filled-in the Assignment of Title section on the back of the title with her information. She did not sign it though.

We have now decided to sell vehicle.

Isn't there an Affidavit of Correction form that I can fill out to correct that information with the new buyers information?

I hope I don't have to order a new title.

TIA
coolerguy12
AG
I would just apply for a lost title but that's because I don't know another option. You could possibly go to the tax office with both of you and they might work it out right there. If I were a buyer I would see red flags with a signed title and an affidavit. Not saying it's not a valid avenue, I would just be wary of it.
zooguy96
I would think have her sign it and then have her as the seller? That way, there is a chain of ownership? That's how I understand it, but I well am probably wrong.
Rexter
Your going have to transfer the title to her ($10 gift tax) and get the new title, or get a clean copy of the current title. You can get one at a regional office in about 10 minutes (if the office is open to walk-ins).
aggiepaintrain
AG
coolerguy12 said:

I would just apply for a lost title but that's because I don't know another option. You could possibly go to the tax office with both of you and they might work it out right there. If I were a buyer I would see red flags with a signed title and an affidavit. Not saying it's not a valid avenue, I would just be wary of it.

Google Texas Certified Copy application , hopefully there was never a lien on it because that would complicate things a little.

If you put in your daughters name that would show an extra owner in its history which could hurt the value.

I'd get a certified copy
FJB
water turkey
We never put it in my daughters name. I had just prematurely written in her information on the back.

So, a certified copy will be the same to the buyer as the original title? They can take that to their county tax office to complete the title transfer?

On the Lien section of the title, it says "None".

Even if I were to sell to a dealer, I would need to get the certified copy?

Thanks
aggiepaintrain
AG
a certified copy is also known as a duplicate title

they print you a new one and mail it to you

what are you selling ?

username gmail
FJB
water turkey
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 4x4, 192,000 miles
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.