New A/C Blower Motor - 2013 F150

1,295 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Lt. Joe Bookman
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blower motor in my truck is making some crazy vibration noises. I'm guessing something popped on the squirrel cage and it's out of balance now.

Ford quoted me $233 for the new motor and $75 for labor for install.

It looks like a pretty easy fix and the part I found online was only $70. Am I missing something? Is the mark up for OEM really 3x-4x?

https://www.1aauto.com/ford-lincoln-heater-blower-motor-with-fan-cage-diy-solutions/i/1ahcx00322/682158/2013
Picard
AG
Remove the blower yourself and take out the broken actuator that's rattling around in there.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picard said:

Remove the blower yourself and take out the broken actuator that's rattling around in there.

Looks like you may be right. After a little further research it sounds like it's the recirculation actuator. I'll pop the blower out tonight and check it out.

Picard
AG
Yes I had the same thing happen. Tried to search for my old thread but it has been more than a year ago.

The good news is it will cost you nothing as long as you can live with no Max AC recirculation. The bad news is.getting that third bolt out..
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picard said:

Yes I had the same thing happen. Tried to search for my old thread but it has been more than a year ago.

The good news is it will cost you nothing as long as you can live with no Max AC recirculation. The bad news is.getting that third bolt out..

Saw on the f150 forums that guys were zip tying the vent shut so that it was always on recirc. I can live with out it more of the time here in Oregon though so it may not be that big of a deal.
aggiedata
AG
Picard said:

Tried to search for my old thread but it has been more than a year ago.

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3055810/replies/54850314#54850314

Picard
AG
aggiedata said:

Picard said:

Tried to search for my old thread but it has been more than a year ago.

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3055810/replies/54850314#54850314

Thank you Mr. Data

Sea Speed
AG
Google search is better than texags search for finding old threads just fyi
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Seriously. What ****ing sadistic ford engineer put that third bolt way the **** back there? I think I'm going to have to take the carpet out.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Seriously. What ****ing sadistic ford engineer put that third bolt way the **** back there? I think I'm going to have to take the carpet out.
Pull the fiber cover off, remove mat, pull carpet back, fuse box cover, and you're good to go!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Finally got around to finishing this up after getting home from a trip.
Looks like it was that same plastic piece that breaks off for everyone else. How was this not a recall?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.