2019 Silverado transmission issues

1,174 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HumbleAg04
CBarrett12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5.3L crew cab 4x4 w/27,000 miles went to the dealership today still under bumper to bumper warranty. I've had a slight hesitation in the ****** randomly for a time and didn't think much about it but last couple days got awful. Did some Google sleuthing and apparently very common. Needs total transmission fluid flush/change and possible torque converter adjustment for this known problem? Anyone else speak to this and how will this play out? Time for a new truck since I could apparently get what I paid for this thing, or the fix will suffice? TIA.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
CBarrett12 said:

5.3L crew cab 4x4 w/27,000 miles went to the dealership today still under bumper to bumper warranty. I've had a slight hesitation in the ****** randomly for a time and didn't think much about it but last couple days got awful. Did some Google sleuthing and apparently very common. Needs total transmission fluid flush/change and possible torque converter adjustment for this known problem? Anyone else speak to this and how will this play out? Time for a new truck since I could apparently get what I paid for this thing, or the fix will suffice? TIA.

My pops had similar issue on his '17 Silverado with the transmission. He had it fixed three times before he got to 75K that he just sold it after the third time and got a new truck. He was driving at least 120 miles a day and didn't think it would get any better as time went on.
Enviroag02
AG
I have a 2019 5.3L 4x4 and have had some jerkiness/hesitation that I need to have serviced as well. I know I can also get good value selling it right now, but what would you buy? All prices are crazy!
Corps_Ag12
AG
Enviroag02 said:

I have a 2019 5.3L 4x4 and have had some jerkiness/hesitation that I need to have serviced as well. I know I can also get good value selling it right now, but what would you buy? All prices are crazy!

If I were going to buy a half ton again it'd be a tundra
StillNotAnAggie
My 2016 did the same thing, got the torque converter at 25k, new fluid done a year or so ago. I still feel the shudder. My friend did the same on this Yukon and said he doesn't feel it anymore. I have literally complained about it at every visit for service and GMC did nothing about it after the torque converter, and then charged me for the fluid swap because I was over my bumper to bumper mileage. I just live with it now until truck prices go back down. Professional Grade my A$$.
HumbleAg04
AG
My '16 did this. Known issue with the 8 speed. No actual fix for it. Dumped it for a '19 F-150 the had the cam phaser issue and replacement every 7k miles.

So now I have a '20 Ram 2500 and keep marshmallows handy just in case.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.