Best way to track down previous owner?

3,791 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agdaddy04
D&C 2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

reproag said:

D&C 2002 said:

They didn't leave behind the card that has the master pin code for the door and the ford dealership wants around $100 to go in and retrieve it. They actually suggested I try to find the original dealership and see if they had that code on file and/or could maybe put me in touch with the previous owner. Also, it came with airbags on the back but they don't seem to be working. Would like to know if there was a problem when they traded it in or if it's something else.

I actually had the new owner of a travel trailer we traded in call me and ask some questions. I assume he got my number from the dealership. I was totally happy to talk with him and give him the run down on maintenance, history, etc. I don't think I would mind if the new owner of the truck I traded in called me for that kind of info. Seems pretty harmless and actually somewhat kind to share that info.
send me the vin and I can tell you the dealership it originally can from. If it was a dealer trade then you may be SOL. Also ask the service department if they pulled the door code during their service check.

Was sold from Smith South Plains ford. Traded in at Roleys Chevrolet in littlefield in April, and ran through Auction on May 3rd.
1ags - I think you stalked a different truck. I bought mine on 4/17. Reproag nailed it and I at least have the original dealership. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have my door code on file. If not, I'll go digging. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
Jack Cheese
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Have a dentist analyze the bite marks on the pencil they left in the glovebox.

You bought John Voit's LaBaron?
RushHour
1agswitchin4lanes said:

RushHour said:

Yeh That's illegal on the selling dealers part. They absolutely can't share another customers info with a customer without explicit permission

The buyer can easily ask the selling dealer to have the truck taken to a ford dealer and ask them to retrieve the door code from IDS.

I even have the software to retrieve it.
I tried to delete my post but you copied it before I could. I misunderstood your statement. I meant it would be illegal for the dealer to give OP the previous customer's contact information, not retrieve the code.
Yesterday
AG
I reprogrammed my 17 f250 key code by using both keys. There's some YouTube videos about it.

mts6175
AG
Airbags are probably tied to an upfitter switch.
D&C 2002
AG
mts6175 said:

Airbags are probably tied to an upfitter switch.
Yeah, I suspect they are but pump still doesn't come on with all the switches on. It appears to be wired into the harness where all of the upfitter switch wires are.
JB
AG
I have had hell with Airlft compressors/wireless controllers. I eventually just unplugged it and fill manually.
agdaddy04
AG
When I traded in my 2012 F150 in December I handed the code card to the dealer. He said it was only the 2nd time in the last couple of years that someone had turned it in with a trade-in. Didn't realize it'd be so uncommon.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.