Mazda Infotainment

884 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bmks270
aa4136
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking to commuter sedans right now and looked at Mazda 3 and Mazda 6. Looks like the infotainment is mainly controlled by a dial to select options / change stations, etc.

Those of you that own Mazda's...do you like the dial or is it profoundly annoying to use?
B/CS Dreaming
AG
We have it in a Mazda 6. After a week or so to get used to it (and to learn to stop reaching for the dash), I like it.

Alsopro tip. A replacement factory USB port in the console enabled Apple CarPlay. I asked them to throw that in for free as part of the deal.
aa4136
Thanks. What year Mazda 6 do you have? Do you like it?
B/CS Dreaming
AG
It is a 2019 base model. I bought it because of the amount of safety tech for the relatively low cost. It has been solid and the interior feels nicer than I thought it would.

My main annoyance is the ratcheting seat height adjustment process when switching drivers (since it doesn't have power seats).
Texasclipper
AG
My son has a 2015 Mazda3 with the console dial selector. He loves it and finds it very convenient. His car is a manual, so his had is in that area anyway, so that may be a factor too.
bmks270
AG
I have a 2018 Mazda 3 hatchback bought new, owned for 3 years.
I love the dial control system, it's a lot easier and safer than reaching your arm to the console. It's more comfortable. I prefer it. Now when I have rental cars for work that requires me to reach up to the console I am severely annoyed. I think for my next car I will stick with Mazda, I really like their interiors, very high quality relative to price, at least for the top trim level in my Mazda3, and the dealer service has been excellent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.