Rule #1

6,196 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
TitanAGGIE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've casually looked for one of these for a few years and we finally traded for a clean one at our stores. Picked it up yesterday. Super clean for 72k miles. 2014 Trail Teams Ultimate Edition
aggieforester05
AG
Nice!
will.mcg
AG
If you drive it any sort of road trip you will appreciate the addition of an extra gas tank. Plenty of room in front of the rear bumper.

My wife had a 2007(if memory serves) for 165,000 trouble free miles. I think the only maintenance other than oil & tires was spark plugs, serpentine belt, & alternator. It did have a small oil leak that did not affect trade in value.
Canyon99
Nice score!

When I buy new I buy Ford but have bought a couple of used Toyotas as longevity makes me feel secure. Bought a 2008 Tundra for my son last summer and really want a FJ Cruiser for my daughter when she turns 16. My plan is that I'd buy back from her when she decides to move on to a different vehicle as I want one for the long run.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Very nice, looks new!
Mookie
AG
GREAT pickup! Love the color.
Naveronski
AG
Very nice!

What are your plans for it?
OXDL45
AG
Nice!
LOYAL AG
AG
Nice Faux Jeep.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Towns03
AG
great color!
water turkey
Nice.

We love ours.
drmwvr
AG
Congrats on your find! I've always appreciated the FJ Crusier and its capabilities.

Obligatory "that's one tough cookie" link:

https://motorillustrated.com/toyota-gives-new-vehicle-to-fj-cruiser-driver-turned-hero-in-massive-texas-pileup/70472/

Also- they look really good when built.

Enjoy!
HollywoodBQ
AG
+1 on the colour
The Fife
Came here expecting a white truck or some kind of crossover, left pleasantly surprised.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Tossing the idea of just keeping it stock or really start doing some mods.. got some buddies than run some trails with an LC, Jeep and TRD 4runners so they're wanting me out with them. Will likely keep the factory items if I remove anything in case I want them later. Hate to tear it up given the condition, but do plan to send it shortly to a company for paint correct and ceramic. I've driven my AT4 once since I acquired this lol
Gilligan
AG
You can buy a 2021 FJ Cruiser. You just have to go to the UAE to get it.

https://www.toyota.ae/en/new-cars/fj-cruiser/

My son drives a 2014 and when he's done with it I may try to buy the latest console and try to install it.

The body style hasn't changed since 2014, only the engine and electronics.
water turkey
I just brought back our 2008 from our place in Colorado. Drove from Colorado Springs to The Woodlands and it purred like a kitten the whole way. 192,000 and have only done brakes, tires and plugs.
One of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Trying to decide whether to sell or keep it. DONT really have room in the driveway.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Paint correction and ceramic coating completed

Dill-Ag13
AG
Damn that looks good
SWC02
AG
@Waterturkey - what did you decide? I'm definitely interested.
Sazerac
AG
Does anyone mod these with like the doors off / netting like you see with Jeeps around town?
BBRex
AG
Man, I love it! That paint looks nice.

I have to say the FJ Cruiser is very confounding for me (and probably for Toyota). I was interested in one when they came out, and all I heard was it was a dog of a daily driver with bad gas mileage and terrible blind spots and only lesbian softball coaches drove them. Now that they have been discontinued, I hear these are some forgotten gem that are nothing short of amazing.
water turkey
Sorry, I sold it.
chansonjr
AG
Who did the paint correction and ceramic coating?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
A guy named Brent Collins here in Houston. Runs a detail shop out of his house called Active detailing. His website isn't great but he posts his work on FB. the guy stays crazy busy and his work is fantastic. I got in line first week of June and he did the work last week. He said he had 25 more cars lined up after mine.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Well didn't keep it completely stock.. few upgrades since I posted the pics of the ceramic work.

- 3" Dobison Nitro suspension w/ SPC UCA's
- Trailworx Fab bumper
- 305 Cooper STT Pro's
- lights, winch, few minor mechanical things and experienced losing the upper windshield trim for the first time in a fierce headwind.

I need to replace the factory TRD skid plate due to fitment with the new bumper and may add additional coverage going back. Out of that not much else I want to do except possibly upgrade headlights without looking like a cheap aftermarket add. Washer tank is also now exposed so that may need to be relocated.

Overall pleased with the new bumper and overall looks. I clear my garage by about 3/4" so can't do a ton up top.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That is one grumpy bumper!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.