Anyone want to buy my 2003 Mustang Mach 1?

2,035 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by NeuroticAg
NeuroticAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I would try to sell it here to an Ag before putting it on Car and Bids or the Mach 1 Registry. Biggest factor first, is that the car (and myself) are located in Chapel Hill, NC. You will have to come get it, or pay to have it shipped. Happy to work with someone on that if it goes to a good home.

History of the car: was originally purchased in Texas in the spring of 2003 and has only had one owner. Car was moved to central NC a couple of months after we bought it and has lived here ever since. Car is completely original with no modifications with two exceptions. The driver's side mirror was replaced after it was knocked off by my sister when the car was about a month old. In roughly 2005 or so, my wife impaled the hood on a trailer hitch after not being able to quite stop soon enough in rainy conditions. Didn't really hit all that hard, but because the hood is fiberglass and had a crack in it, it had to be replaced. Nothing else was damaged, luckily.

Mechanically, it has been very sound. It has ~96,630 miles on it. Mostly highway miles because both my wife and I used to commute at various times in the past (it's a hell of a fun commuter car). The manual says to put half synthetic oil in it, but I have always just used full synthetic. Has never had anything but 91-93 octane in it. I replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, and fuel pump in it about a year ago. Has never had any other issues, mechanical or electrical. Probably could use a brake job in the near future. The brakes are great and the pads have quite a bit left on them, but I noticed that the rotors are a little rough (age and not getting enough use) and could probably use a turning. Tires are about five years old, but probably have fewer than 2,000 miles on them. Mostly me just putting around town. However, they are Cooper Zeon RS3-A, which are probably not even barely mid-level tires that I put on when I had to stop driving it so much (kids). So I imagine if you were going to drive it hard, you would put better tires on it, anyway.

The blemishes: as with any 18 year old car, the paint is no longer perfect. The car was garaged until about 6ish years when we moved to our current house. The leading edge of the hood has a small hole in the paint, and the paint rearward of it is starting to come up for some reason (see close up pic below). There are about 5-6 other small chips in the paint. If someone is really interested and we get to that point, we could have a video call and I can point them out to you, or I can get some close up pics. The other big thing is the rear bumper. It is plastic, of course, and has faded a bit over time. If you look closely at the trunk pic you can see that it is slightly lighter than the metal surrounding it. Also, if you look closely, you will see two scratches on the lower part of the bumper from my son scratching it with the fender of his sailboat trailer (I really need to get new family). Should be an easy job for any body shop to repaint because the faded paint very clearly matches the plastic bumper outline.

Lots of pics below. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see anything in particular and I can go out and get some more pics. I can also send people higher resolution pics. Email is username at yahoo and I will look into getting a subscription so I can PM. I am hoping to get $10,000 for it. It is likely worth more, but a Mach 1 on cars and bids just got bids up to 10,600. It did not hit the reserve, but that is what people bid on it. There is another one on there right now with a lot of mods and 130,000 miles that seems to be bidding well, so if no one here wants the car, I am sure it will sell well on there, but I thought I would ask here first as there were a few people interested in my other thread.

And finally, holy long post, Batman! This might be my longest post ever

NeuroticAg
AG
I will bump this one time since I posted it right before a long weekend. If I get no responses, it's going on sale elsewhere. Thanks to everyone who made all of those suggestions in the other thread.
BCOBQ98
AG
Blue and Black I might have had to seriously consider it. Dumb question, were they all manuals?
NeuroticAg
AG
No. They did make some automatics. Not sure how many and who would want one, but I believe they did make some.
The Fife
I'm in SC and would be interested but the timing is terrible for me.
NeuroticAg
AG
That sucks. I might have even met you halfway. But I totally understand.
The Fife
If it's still around when this home addition mess wraps up I'll need to have a look.

Pretty soon I've got to find someplace to stash two cars and a 50+ year old truck along with the contents of the garage and another room. But when it's done it'll have HVAC, a lift, and enough space for 4.
NeuroticAg
AG
Very nice!

We are in the process of buying a new house. Unfortunately, it only has two garage spots. One is going to be claimed by the wife, and the other by my 68, with not enough extra parking space for this mustang, so it has to go.
NeuroticAg
AG
I just submitted the car to Cars and Bids. Will post here in case anyone wants to make a bid if they accept and I decide to go that way.

Bad Ag confession: After talking about it with my wife, and then going back into the repair bill just now, I remembered that when she hit that trailer hitch, she hit the front mustang emblem and pushed it down into the bumper cover, so both of them had to be replaced as well. And one of the headlight casings had to be replaced because it cracked for some reason. I feel bad that I forgot that and didn't mention it. This was a traumatic time in my life.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.