Car dealerships REALLY suck.

39,321 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiedata
Post removed:
by user
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redact within the PDF using the drawing tool, or print and use a marker. Then take photos of the pages. Post photos.
Jack Cheese
AG
Probably easiest to screen shot each page and post images. Host your images on imgur.
HollywoodBQ
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

HollywoodBQ said:

The next week I had two days worth of work in Dallas and then I had to drive to California.

Week after that I had to go to Bangalore.
Week after that I had to go to Melbourne.

Totally worth it for me to not have to jack with it.

I wish you'd get out more.
Yeah, me too. Melbourne was my last trip before the Vid ruined international travel.

What was funny about that was because I'd left the country within the past 30 days, when I tried to get a haircut the next week, I had to look long and hard to find somebody who was willing to cut my hair.

That was the beginning of the Covid protocol insanity.

But, back to this thread, I still think we should start an ***** How to Buy a Car ***** thread.
insulator_king
AG
Great thread.

For an idea about messing with the deceitful sales staff, some sort of delayed action stink bomb that you could drop in the managers office...
mosdefn14
AG
It's today isn't it?
JYDog90
AG
In.

And just so I'm actually adding something to this thread. My wife and I spent the last 2 weekends looking for a car for our son. We went to 3 dealerships last Saturday and not one of them had the used car on the lot that we came to look at.

The folks at Ft Bend Toyota told us, "Aw yeah, not one of these cars on this used car lot is ready to sell. They all have to go through the checklist." There were several cars on the lot that had the window tint hanging off the back windows, halfway peeled off.

Awful experience.
Martin Q. Blank
My defense would be the sales person you spoke to thought the truck was still there based on it being on the website. We are sometimes slow removing the ad after it sells.

It's like me calling Home Depot to see if something is in stock knowing all they'll do is look it up on the computer. I have to ask them to physically put eyes on the product.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Just found this thread and I'm glad I did. Few things:

1) I drive a 10 year old truck solely because I hate buying vehicles. HATE it. I'm happy to pay a fair price for a vehicle but I don't trust any car salesperson or dealership to not pull some dishonest crap.

2) I really, really hope you win. If you do, please don't sign an NDA/non disparagement so you can take their money and still blast them online.

3) I'll bet it'd be easy to find several people with an identical experience class action?
JYDog90
AG
I love the dealerships going to the "no-haggle price" and then they add $1800 worth of detailing and preparing to get it ready to sell.
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
Rendered Fat said:

The only thing I can think of is to leave my name out of the pleading altogether, and find a buddy who's a lawyer to file this with his firm info in the signature block (I'll do all the work, just need a cover). I don't know how else I can do it without doxxing myself. Not giving up yet and will make some calls today.
Unless your buddy who's a lawyer engages you and actually becomes your lawyer, they aren't going to do that. Most lawyers (at least good ones) don't like their clients ghostwriting their pleadings.
Jack Cheese
AG
I don't think any of us need to see what you filed, we just want the play-by-play when you bloody their nose.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right, unless I'm missing something, this seems like a lot of unnecessary effort. Go **** these guys up and just report back
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Since you wrote it, go to the word doc, delete names, copy and paste all the text into a post. No need to use a picture and that mess.

And, aint nobody got time for all that. Post the good parts and give us the play by play.
Sea Speed
AG
I thibk he is worried about someone using lexisnexis or the like to find the case and seeing who he is, which I believe would be possible if he posted the text.
Post removed:
by user
Sea Speed
AG
File the suit. Don't post it here. I promise we will be happy with updates like you have been giving. We want to see this whole thing go down just about as bad as you do.
JYDog90
AG
Yeah, go to the mattresses. We'll be here when you're done.
LPHA
AG
Any updates?
Milwaukees Best Light
Mmetag10
AG
Any update?
AquaCasaAg
AG
About time for an update.
1agswitchin4lanes
Goodest Poster
Sea Speed
AG
Been so long it fell off my watch list.
drumboy
AG
Not too bad in the grand scheme of shltty dealership tactics but I went to Mac Haik Ford with a coworker on Friday after he inquired about one of the three Mach Es that they had on their site. He got a callback from someone that set up an appointment and said they had 2 'rolling off the truck right now'. We get there and they informed us that they hadn't seen a Mach E in a couple months.

It was on my way home but he drove a long way out of his way to go to the dealership; maybe they think that getting folks in the door is a win but he got home and set up a Model Y test drive.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
aggiedata
AG
What happened to Rendered Fat? Poof gone.

In the last post that makes mention of him, someone told him to leave. I guess he did.

Quote:

Dude...you're one of the most negative people on TexAgs. You're welcome to leave

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.