Anyone here dealt with Vroom?

3,441 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bigfooticus
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone here sold their vehicle to Vroom? I just got offered stupid money for my F250 and am considering it. How was the process?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Easy as signing some paper work.
Just FYI everyone is offering stupid money for used trucks right now. Anything 2011 up in decent shape is getting a huge premium.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Your post sent me to Vroom on a lark. They're offering $48,381 for my 2019 Tundra Crewmax TRD Sport with 17k miles. Not too shabby.
Bob Lee
AG
I was wondering the same. They offered me $64k for my 2019 F250 Lariat. I paid right at 60k in October 2019. I have the title, so should be a smooth transaction.

Says they'll send a check a few days after they pick the truck up? That's the only part that's weird. What's the reason for that?
mts6175
AG
I know everyone is offering high $$$ for vises right now, but they offered $68k for my '19 F250. That's $8k higher than the last one. I paid $67k for it.
555-PINF
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3197243
JeepWaveEarl
AG
They will also do direct deposit into your bank -- we just did it and it was seamless!
555-PINF
Bob Lee said:

I was wondering the same. They offered me $64k for my 2019 F250 Lariat. I paid right at 60k in October 2019. I have the title, so should be a smooth transaction.

Says they'll send a check a few days after they pick the truck up? That's the only part that's weird. What's the reason for that?

They never do an in-person visit to your house to ensure that your vehicle is in the condition you say. A 3rd party transport company picks up the "sold" vehicle from your house and takes it to one of their warehouses (Stafford, TX for Houston area). The transporter marks down damage, but only to protect himself from being blamed. You sign a bill of lading that has those items listed (chips in windshield, door dings, etc) and get a copy emailed to you. Once Vroom gets your vehicle and inspects it, they release payment to you. My equity was direct deposited into my account and they provided the FedEx tracking number for the payoff that they sent to my lender.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Damn. They are offering 11K more than I paid for my truck in March.
redag06
Problem is if you are having to buy stuff to replace your vehicle right now.
555-PINF
It depends on what you want. I bought a cash car to drive for a couple of years so the supply chain has time to level back out. At some point I'll order another Jeep or get a Bronco, but there are plenty of cash car type options out there. If you *have* to have something new, yeah, probably going to be tough.

I started the domino fall here at work. On guy sold his 1 year old Trail Boss for what he bought it for and got a new Accord. Another sold his Ford with 60k miles for a little less than what he bought it for new and found a low mile used Tacoma in Dallas that the dealership delivered to him in CS.
SquanchyAg
They never give me a sales price. They say they'll email it withing 1 day and I never get an email. Guess they don't want my 2019.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The Ghost of DUCK01 said:

It depends on what you want. I bought a cash car to drive for a couple of years so the supply chain has time to level back out. At some point I'll order another Jeep or get a Bronco, but there are plenty of cash car type options out there. If you *have* to have something new, yeah, probably going to be tough.

I started the domino fall here at work. On guy sold his 1 year old Trail Boss for what he bought it for and got a new Accord. Another sold his Ford with 60k miles for a little less than what he bought it for new and found a low mile used Tacoma in Dallas that the dealership delivered to him in CS.

I bought a texags guys truck that's been sitting for a decade
Guitarsoup
AG
I put my Tesla in it for giggles.

No offer, just the promise of an email later.

I figured during a gas shortage, it would be worth at least double what I paid.
mts6175
AG

That's actually how I'm looking at it. I have a Bronco reservation that I haven't pulled the trigger on it and am just sitting on until they move it to 22 or changing it to a Raptor. I've talked to a dealer about a MSRP order on a Raptor, but they won't get delivered until 22 either. I'm not buying a new F250 or GM 2500 for MSRP that's going to tank when the flood of new vehicles hit the market when chips get back in stock. So I'm looking at a cash car/truck as something to hold in the meantime until I decide to pull the trigger on a new one, probably next year. Unless I find a deal. Toyota seems to be holing normal pricing on their trucks as nothings changed, which may put me back in one.

I'll relate it this way. There are several different industries that I'm suspecting the same is going on based on what I'm reading or hearing.
  • Oilfield poly pipe - pricing is as high if not higher than when oil was $100 a Barrel, due to resin shortages to make the pipe. My poly manufacturers are telling me that they expect resin supply to be back on line and prices to drop by $.30-$.50 a lb once the supply stabilizes (current pricing is around $1.15 - 1.30/lb.)
  • I listened to an industry update on ammo this week that all ammo manufacturers have gone somewhat silent on what retailers should expect. The suspicion is that they are holding ammo until they can dump a bunch of it on the market towards the end of the year to meet holiday sales demand, then backfill inventory so that it doesn't appear the shelves are bare any more.
  • Same on gun safes. I was in the market for one, every dealer I spoke to was waiting on trucks to deliver on April 15th. Well, I got calls from four different dealers across Texas and in California that all said they got months worth of orders dumped on them and now have a glut of inventory on hand when they've been bare for months.
  • Same with lumber - mills are expected to be caught up by year end.

Point is - I think it's going to be the same with microchips and automobiles. Ford is stacking vehicles at the Kentucky Speedway waiting on chips. My GMC contact in Austin just told me that they are getting Yukons in in a week that they ordered, which tells me GM is doing the same. There's going to be a price crash on new vehicles whenever chip manufacturers get caught up. I may be wrong, but sounds the same as the other industries.
Ikanizer
AG
A few months ago they offered me about $6000 for my 2011 F150. I sold it for $13,000.
SquanchyAg
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I bought a texags guys truck that's been sitting for a decade
I picked up one of those also. Just bought a 1998 Chevy Z71 extended cab a few weeks ago.
aggie_wes
AG
Just put in my 2019 truck with 30k miles for S&Gs and they are offering $750 more than I paid new.

Might be time to ride around in a beater for a few years
EMY92
AG
SquanchyAg said:

They never give me a sales price. They say they'll email it withing 1 day and I never get an email. Guess they don't want my 2019.
It took 5 days for me to get a price.
Sea Speed
AG
Almost 22 grand for my 8 year old truck. Dang.
SquanchyAg
aggie_wes said:

Just put in my 2019 truck with 30k miles for S&Gs and they are offering $750 more than I paid new.

Might be time to ride around in a beater for a few years
doesn't surprise me. I was looking at used 3/4 ton gmc's today and a used 2020 model with 35k miles was the same price as a brand new 2021. used truck prices are insane with the new truck shortage.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

Your post sent me to Vroom on a lark. They're offering $48,381 for my 2019 Tundra Crewmax TRD Sport with 17k miles. Not too shabby.
This offer expired. New offer is $49,639. If I thought I could find a 2020 or 2021 Pro for around $55k, I'd probably sell mine.
aggieforester05
AG
They just offered me $52,645 for my 2020 RST that I paid $49,500 for brand new last July. That's with 18,400 miles, average interior, average exterior and disclosing a 2" dent in the tailgate that happened when my motorcycle came loose on my motorcycle carrier.
El Chupacabra
Just for grins I entered my brand new truck. They're offering me more than I paid for it a few days ago. Enough for me to actually buy the same truck with a few added creature comforts AND pocketing some beer money. Issue is that I don't have the title yet.
555-PINF
Doesn't matter. They won't need it for a while. The process takes about a week and they still will work with you. I sold my Jeep a few weeks ago and Wells Fargo screwed up and sent me the title once Vroom paid it off. Vroom called and told me that Wells Fargo wouldn't release the title to them, so I called WF and they had to admit that they screwed up. Vroom sent me a FedEx slip so I can send it to them tomorrow. They were cool about it.
El Chupacabra

Doesn't matter. They won't need it for a while. The process takes about a week and they still will work with you. I sold my Jeep a few weeks ago and Wells Fargo screwed up and sent me the title once Vroom paid it off. Vroom called and told me that Wells Fargo wouldn't release the title to them, so I called WF and they had to admit that they screwed up. Vroom sent me a FedEx slip so I can send it to them tomorrow. They were cool about it.
I'm guessing I won't have the title for a month or so. Seriously thinking about swapping my truck with 300 miles...crazy.
Van Buren Boy
AG
I went ahead and pulled the trigger with vroom. Completing the paperwork now. Question, on the Texas POA Transfer of Ownership form, do I fill in the Odometer Reading field right above my signature as transferor?
555-PINF
Van Buren Boy said:

I went ahead and pulled the trigger with vroom. Completing the paperwork now. Question, on the Texas POA Transfer of Ownership form, do I fill in the Odometer Reading field right above my signature as transferor?

I did and they didn't say anything. I just put mileage at the time of signing, knowing it was going to go up a little due to the delay in pickup.
Van Buren Boy
AG

Van Buren Boy said:

I did and they didn't say anything. I just put mileage at the time of signing, knowing it was going to go up a little due to the delay in pickup.

Thanks!
bigfooticus
Just completed a sale with Vroom on my RDX. Process took just about a week. Car picked up Friday and money hit my bank on Monday. Car is already pre-listed on their website for about $3k higher
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.