2007 Chevy Rear passenger door lock

414 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stringfellow Hawke
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is stuck in locked position and cannot be remotely/manually unlocked. Internet research has not been helpful bc I cannot even get door open.

Anyone have any suggestions on a remedy? Live in West Houston and willing to bring beer or cash for help.

Edit to say Silverado.
87IE
AG
Have you tried a Slim Jim?
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
87IE said:

No. I don't have one.
txyaloo
AG
SaluteTheMarines said:

Is stuck in locked position and cannot be remotely/manually unlocked. Internet research has not been helpful bc I cannot even get door open.

Anyone have any suggestions on a remedy? Live in West Houston and willing to bring beer or cash for help.

Edit to say Silverado.
Can't be locked/unlocked or can't be opened? What body style? There was the "classic/NBS" body and the "NNBS" body available in 2007.

The new body uses a bowden cable that connects to the door handles and can cause issues. You have to pull the door panel from the inside generally to fix.

Assuming you have the NNBS, if you search for 2008 silverado vs 2007 you're likely to find more answers.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
txyaloo said:

SaluteTheMarines said:

Edit to say Silverado.
Can't be locked/unlocked or can't be opened? What body style? There was the "classic/NBS" body and the "NNBS" body available in 2007.

The new body uses a bowden cable that connects to the door handles and can cause issues. You have to pull the door panel from the inside generally to fix.

Assuming you have the NNBS, if you search for 2008 silverado vs 2007 you're likely to find more answers.

When I press the unlock button on remote entry, the lock does not move unlike the other three doors. When I try to raise lock manually, it moves 1/3 of the way up moving no further.I jiggle door handle while holding lock with no success.

That is my dilemma. Cannot conceive how to remove door panel without being able to open door. I will try the 2008 google search.

Thanks.
87IE
AG
SaluteTheMarines said:

87IE said:

No. I don't have one.
Pop A Lock Should be able to unlock that specific door unless something is majorly screwed up. You signifying you can't unlock it manually could mean it's totally jacked up unless you just can't get a good grip on it.

I'm pretty sure that the dealer or any shop would end up using something like a slim jim to unlock it from the outside.

I have a basic Kit like this one I bought after a girlfriend kept locking her keys in her Tahoe.. I've used it a dozen or so times (not just on her vehicle). Sometimes I get lucky and unlock the vehicle on the 1st or second try and others it takes me a while.

Since you stated you're in West Houston you could wait to see if 1Ags posts as he may have one (I'm in Austin otherwise I'd offer to help) and he's in Katy.
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Use a dental pick and pull the little access door for the lock "button". Once that releases, you will have access to the lock plunger rod itself.

Some needle nose pliers on that rod and push down and pull up a few times.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Use a dental pick and pull the little access door for the lock "button". Once that releases, you will have access to the lock plunger rod itself.

Some needle nose pliers on that rod and push down and pull up a few times.

Gracias.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.