Car Buying Itch

3,394 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fairview
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes

2003 Z06
2006 100 Series
2014 A6 TDI

The TDI is a very, very nice commuter and road trip car.

Each vehicle worth equal or more than what I paid, due to Covid price increases. Same for the travel trailer.
fixer
Texker said:

Ever want to change cars just because?

Sort of.

I'm on my 5 th 5 th gen 4Runner in a short time frame. I seem to find things about the different trim levels I like. Then I obsess about it. Then I find myself at the dealer driving off in a different one. Stupid I know...

My 19 trd pro tundra is paid off and not going anywhere though...
Max Power
AG
I'd like a new car but it's just so damn hard to even get myself to go to a dealer. Both our vehicles are paid off, but I miss having a truck, and our next vehicle will be a truck. Our daughter is 5 and preschool costs as much as two car payments. Maybe when she starts kindergarten in the fall I'll think about it as long as she starts going to public school as expected.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
There is a sweet spot after it is paid off where you have had enough time to save up some cash to put down and the current vehicle is still worth something in the trade or private sale. One day I will hit this sweet spot.
htxag09
AG
Last week I logged into my Ford credit account to see my payoff amount to update our personal finance tracker we use. Ever since I've been bombarded with notifications how I can get in a 21 Lariat F150 for no money down!
Bigballin
AG
I don't want to change, I always want to add to my fleet.

Bought a 2021 4Runner ORP in January and want a F250 with a 7.3L Tremor Package. I have "needs" for both!
fixer
Bigballin said:

I don't want to change, I always want to add to my fleet.

Bought a 2021 4Runner ORP in January and want a F250 with a 7.3L Tremor Package. I have "needs" for both!

Nice. The f250 can be a good all around tow vehicle when or if you need it.
Fairview
AG
I'm in the middle of I like to get new cars but keep the old ones phase. I mean I need the truck for hauling and ranch work. And the Jeep is a fun car and holds its value. Then I had to get a fast car for fun and day to day. That's what I tell myself. My wife had the SUV so I'm covered.

I'm in the midst of figuring out what's next and why I should keep the ones I already have.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.