'16 F250 diesel- another clogged evaporator coil

1,253 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 87IE
ftworthag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As the subject line states, I have a '16 f250 diesel that has another clogged evaporator coil that we just replaced 25k miles ago. My mechanic says unfortunately there's no pre filters and it draws air from under the wiper blade housing. I also have '10 f250 diesel that we just replaced the evaporator coil on last year. $1600. I have a landscape company. Any one else having the same issue and is there a way to prevent this or reduce this in the future.

Thanks & Gig'em!
Dill-Ag13
AG
Can you install an inline air compressor style filter somewhere?
ftworthag02
AG
I have no idea. I talked to another diesel mechanic in the area and he didn't recommend putting any kind of pre filter on it. Basically said, deal with it!
87IE
AG
Quote:

is there a way to prevent this or reduce this in the future.
Do you have your guys/gals leave it on recirculate all the time?

It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
ftworthag02
AG
after the first replacement I told my foremans to leave it on recirculate/max air. My mechanic says thats there no cabin air filter so I assume leaving it on recirculate wouldn't help. ?
chaca5151
ftworthag02 said:

As the subject line states, I have a '16 f250 diesel that has another clogged evaporator coil that we just replaced 25k miles ago. My mechanic says unfortunately there's no pre filters and it draws air from under the wiper blade housing. I also have '10 f250 diesel that we just replaced the evaporator coil on last year. $1600. I have a landscape company. Any one else having the same issue and is there a way to prevent this or reduce this in the future.

Thanks & Gig'em!

Call these people: https://texascompletetruckcenter.com out of New Braunfels, who services my truck, and if I remember correctly, I saw them post on Instagram about a filter kit developed for the Fords. I went back to look at the post to give you more info but couldn't find it.

I think my evaporator coil is also clogged, and I would take it to them to get it to replace and add the filter.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Toyota has a great foaming coil cleaner you spray through the drain, or you can use a hole saw and cut a hole in the box and replace it with a rubber plug.

The cleaner foams and then liquifies and drains out. Its shocking to see what comes out.

FYI, GM deleted cabin filters in their half ton silverados and SUVs around 2002/2003 when people werent changing them and burning up blower motors.
ftworthag02
AG
thank you so much!
Centerpole90
AG
^
This. What you are up against, I deal with on the regular. I drilled a hole and used the treatment 1ags suggested. Since I didn't have rubber stopper on hand I just took the plug out of the hole saw and some duct tape - boom, easy access for next time.

As for using recirculate; I do so religiously and it cuts down on the frequency that the treatment is needed. No, the interior is not filtered either, but the presumption (and fact) is that you will uptake less dirt from the interior of the cabin than outdoors. Ford would consider my conditions/use "severe". Without these precautions I have zero fan blast in well under a year of use.
ftworthag02
AG
Just picked up my truck and here's the evaporator core
sts7049
AG
you live on a dirt road?
ftworthag02
AG
Nope. One of mow trucks.
87IE
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Just picked up my truck and here's the evaporator core

Damn...............

I'm guessing when your crew is blowing stuff it's ending up in the cowling.... A couple things I'd try to see if it makes a difference are.

• Tell your crew not to leave the truck running while they are mowing/blowing
  • Have them dump some water down the windshield before they drive off to see if they can wash any dirt down before they start it up and turn on the AC
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.