Tire Recall strategy

1,335 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stringfellow Hawke
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a letter in the mail regarding Cooper tire recall. Letter was vague regarding options. Anyone ever had tires recalled? Same manufacturer? Get credit towards a different brand?
penn02
AG
I received the same letter. I plan to take the letter to Discount since that is where I purchased them from. Barely have 6,000 miles on them, so we will see what they say.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Just the Year 2000 Firestone tires.
Since it was Ford doing the recall, I went to the dealership and they slapped some brand new Goodyears on there.
91AggieLawyer
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Since it was Ford doing the recall, I went to the dealership and they slapped some brand new Goodyears on there.

Was that better or worse?
HollywoodBQ
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

HollywoodBQ said:

The Goodyears were better tires but, there was nothing wrong with the Firestones in my opinion.

This was in the wake of the Ford Exploders. Where Explorers would have blowouts at high speed, in hot weather, when also overloaded with passengers and cargo. Ford blamed Firestone. Firestone said the tires weren't inflated properly, etc.
maverick12
AG
When my Firestones finally wore out on my old '98 Explorer, they bagged the spare and sent it off and I ended up getting a check in the mail for something like $1,000.
91AggieLawyer
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

91AggieLawyer said:

HollywoodBQ said:

The Goodyears were better tires but, there was nothing wrong with the Firestones in my opinion.

This was in the wake of the Ford Exploders. Where Explorers would have blowouts at high speed, in hot weather, when also overloaded with passengers and cargo. Ford blamed Firestone. Firestone said the tires weren't inflated properly, etc.

I recall the incidents. There were a LOT of improperly inflated tires and such improper inflation didn't seem to affect other brands in similar ways.

Never liked Firestone/Bridgestone. Some of the worst tires I've ever had.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Update: got full value of tires and process was pretty simple.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.