2016 F250 ABS, Traction Control, yada yada warnings

835 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OE_Ag11
TdoubleH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was in 4x4 backing a boat down a sketchy boat ramp on a backwoods lake and when cutting the wheel all these alarms went off. I have 295/60/R20 K02s. Figured they got into a wire or something but can't see any evidence of it.....but then thought about being in 4x4 and turning the wheel too much. Any ideas what might be causing it and what to look at before I take it in?

I have a banks derringer and it doesn't show any codes when I run the diagnostic but dash warnings stay on.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Derringer only pulls PCM.

They didn't turn off after an ignition cycle?

TdoubleH
AG
No sir. It's been a week. It happened many moons ago and went off after an ignition cycle like you said then but they seem to be here to stay currently.
mini-x fan
Check the harness above the parking brake. I believe that has caused issues for some people in the past.
TdoubleH
AG
Looked at that one. Unplugged, plugged back in and no dice. Still faults.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
If youre in Houston, I can scan it for ya.
TdoubleH
AG
I'm in DFW. Appreciate it though. Suggestions on a scanner to purchase?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Its probably easier to pay someone to pull the codes.

Need to find someone that can pull your ABS module codes
OE_Ag11
AG
check the wires from the each side of the front wheel hubs. make sure they are plugged in. come from the hubs and go up the arms and plug in on the outside of the frame rail near where the wheel well stops.

bad abs sensors from bad/wornout hubs set off the hill decent, advancetrac and all of those warnings on the dash without throwing any codes.
TdoubleH
AG
Here's what forscan is telling me.... left front wheel speed sensor and whole bunch of others. Guessing the others are tied to speed sensor fault? Anyone have any other input on the other codes shown?

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I'd look at the wiring. Hub could
Be on the way out too.
OE_Ag11
AG
Yeah my drivers side hub went out and it causes all of those errors. If you have a jack lift up the truck and see if the hub is loose. If the hub is that bad should be obvious once you get the tire of the ground and try to rock it from Top to bottom (not left and right)

There's also a wire headed from the hub along the main control arm to by where the drivers feet are. Make sure that's connected like I had said before.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.