Ordering a vehicle sucks!!!!

5,547 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boboguitar
JAW3336
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8-10 weeks, seriously?

I am damn sure those Mexicans can build my truck faster than that.

I have 2 weeks left to wait if there are no delays.

Obviously I am kidding but I hate waiting, never been good at it.
JAW3336
AG
And I don't want to hear from all ya'll that preordered a Tesla.

Not the same thing.
DeWrecking Crew
When it's all said and done I'll be sitting between 10-14 months on a new Bronco order...18-22 months from date of reservation, waiting definitely sucks
Mookie
AG
A buddy just picked up a Telluride last week that he ordered in October. Almost 6 months for a ****ing kia.
Jbob04
AG
My company truck (Silverado 1500 4x4) has been on order since the week of thanksgiving. Was built in January and my latest ETA for delivery is May. Looking at 6 months.
cavscout96
AG
First world problems
BrazosDog02
AG
That's the breaks. I recall ordering our expedition. For some bizarre ass reason, there was ONE expedition in the damn state that was 4wd. Who the hell wants a 2wd ?!

Oh well...just ordered it instead. It's the only way to get what you really want.
Bob Lee
AG
We're looking at ordering a passenger van from Ford. Still have 7 months before baby #4 comes, so 8-10 weeks is fine. Would be cool to have it by June for our annual road trip, but we'll make due.
lotsofhp
AG
Mookie said:

A buddy just picked up a Telluride last week that he ordered in October. Almost 6 months for a ****ing kia.

I'm interested in the new Carnival they have coming out so I called a dealership to inquire. She said it doesn't look like they're going to allow people to build their own car because the Telluride was so popular that the delivery was a total **** show. They're expecting the same thing to happen with the carnival and so they're just going to build what they build and you can buy it or not.

Just one story from one dealer. Not sure if she knew what she was talking about or not. Kind of seemed like she was guessing.
vacating FL410
My dad ordered an El Camino in 1976, he loved those things and several. Took delivery two weeks to the day. Football season must've been over, fewer distractions.

I could be wrong but I believe it was built in Arlington, so only a few miles down the road from Bruner Chevrolet.
neutics
AG
lotsofhp said:

Mookie said:

I'm interested in the new Carnival they have coming out so I called a dealership to inquire. She said it doesn't look like they're going to allow people to build their own car because the Telluride was so popular that the delivery was a total **** show. They're expecting the same thing to happen with the carnival and so they're just going to build what they build and you can buy it or not.

Just one story from one dealer. Not sure if she knew what she was talking about or not. Kind of seemed like she was guessing.

Yeah the central Texas dealers want $6k over sticker for a minivan! I'm going out of state this week to get a Carnival (terrible name) for my wife at $2k under plus another $1k in rebates
lotsofhp
AG
neutics said:

lotsofhp said:

Mookie said:

Yeah the central Texas dealers want $6k over sticker for a minivan! I'm going out of state this week to get a Carnival (terrible name) for my wife at $2k under plus another $1k in rebates

I didn't think they were even available yet? That's why I had called the dealership to talk about pricing and options and maybe get one on order and she said I'd have to wait till they take delivery of some and then they'll call me.

You've been able to pick one out and get pricing and everything?

Where are you able to get the deal?
dodger02
AG
I ordered my wife's in October. Picked it up on December 23rd from Moritz. Got mine before the semiconductor/chip issue started to make a significant impact on build times.
neutics
AG
lotsofhp said:

neutics said:

lotsofhp said:

Mookie said:

I didn't think they were even available yet? That's why I had called the dealership to talk about pricing and options and maybe get one on order and she said I'd have to wait till they take delivery of some and then they'll call me.

They are not available yet anywhere in Texas at least and the date keeps getting delayed, But there are a lot already at dealers basically everywhere other than Texas and Oklahoma.

The dealers near Austin and DFW were playing the same games with me ie wait and see and asking for well over MSRP to reserve. Found a few willing to sell for MSRP in smaller markets when they get them in (Wichita Falls and Mobile, AL)

As I type this I'm flying to Minneapolis and am picking up a 22 SX tomorrow morning! I have family about 10 miles from the dealer that was willing to do the deal above...my OTD including Texas taxes and $125 doc fee + other fees is just over $42k which from what I'm seeing is an incredible deal. Will know soon whether it's too good to be true! Worst case I just made a quick trip to Minnesota to see family.

My wife was getting kind of impatient and it was the right price so I took drastic measures I guess. It's a long drive back and will do it at two days and mostly without cruise control due to the break in period but worth it to me at least - wife/family will be thrilled!

Am I nuts? By my math I saved at least $3000 off MSRP and maybe $6-9k instead of waiting and buying it locally. Not too bad for $300-$500 in travel
07ag
AG
JAW3336 said:

And I don't want to hear from all ya'll that preordered a Tesla.

Not the same thing.
from initial deposit til receiving my 3 was 27 months

worth it though, still think its a great car, 3 years later
https://ts.la/eric59704
aggietony2010
AG
My brother ordered his transit in August 2020 with a similar 8-10 week lead time promised.

He got it in February.
aggiedata
AG
neutics said:

lotsofhp said:

neutics said:

lotsofhp said:

Mookie said:

They are not available yet anywhere in Texas at least and the date keeps getting delayed, But there are a lot already at dealers basically everywhere other than Texas and Oklahoma.

The dealers near Austin and DFW were playing the same games with me ie wait and see and asking for well over MSRP to reserve. Found a few willing to sell for MSRP in smaller markets when they get them in (Wichita Falls and Mobile, AL)

As I type this I'm flying to Minneapolis and am picking up a 22 SX tomorrow morning! I have family about 10 miles from the dealer that was willing to do the deal above...my OTD including Texas taxes and $125 doc fee + other fees is just over $42k which from what I'm seeing is an incredible deal. Will know soon whether it's too good to be true! Worst case I just made a quick trip to Minnesota to see family.

My wife was getting kind of impatient and it was the right price so I took drastic measures I guess. It's a long drive back and will do it at two days and mostly without cruise control due to the break in period but worth it to me at least - wife/family will be thrilled!

Am I nuts? By my math I saved at least $3000 off MSRP and maybe $6-9k instead of waiting and buying it locally. Not too bad for $300-$500 in travel

You didn't e-sign a purchase agreement before you left?
HollywoodBQ
AG
What kind of Mexican troca are you getting? A Lobo?

Used to be 6 weeks or so but the Vid wrecked everything.

When I ordered my '99 Expedition, it took 5 weeks from when I ordered it to when I picked it up.
But... that was at the height of the dot.com boom and not in a COVID protocol world.
neutics
AG
Signed...will post pics by Tuesday or Wednesday when I get back to texas. I know they are still going to try to pitch me an extended warranty though - no thanks
Bob Lee
AG
aggietony2010 said:

My brother ordered his transit in August 2020 with a similar 8-10 week lead time promised.

He got it in February.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not surprised by this, but good to have an idea of what we should actually expect.
BBRex
AG
Flying to get a good deal? Not crazy. Flying to Minneapolis right now? Crazy. At least you have family to help you navigate it.
JAW3336
AG
A Ram 3500, they are built in Mexico apparently.
Jock 07
AG
Ordered a king ranch 1 Mar, supposed to be built 7 Apr, hoping for an early May delivery date.
JSKolache
AG
First year depreciation also sux, so buy used
HollywoodBQ
AG
JAW3336 said:

A Ram 3500, they are built in Mexico apparently.
Saltillo, MX. I had no idea.
milkman00
AG
Which dealer did you end up ordering from?
JAW3336
AG
I normally buy used but I needed something very specific and ordering was the only way to find it.
JAW3336
AG
Bluebonnet in New Braunfels.

They are high volume and they gave me the best price. I can send you the info for the salesman I used who was recommended to me by someone on Texags. Excellent service and communication so far.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Weird. My 2 year old f150 is still selling for the same price I bought it for....
TxAg20
AG
Bob Lee said:

We're looking at ordering a passenger van from Ford. Still have 7 months before baby #4 comes, so 8-10 weeks is fine. Would be cool to have it by June for our annual road trip, but we'll make due.

I ordered a Transit about 6 weeks ago from a dealer with a large allocation. Still haven't gotten a VIN. If you're going to order, I would put your order in as soon as the 2022 order book comes out.
jja79
AG
Ordered a Telluride today. Told it will be 8 weeks.
lotsofhp
AG
jja79 said:

Those are really sharp SUVs. I parked next to one today and really got a chance to look it over. Kind of has a Volvo feel to it. Looks really solid.
Jock 07
AG
lotsofhp said:

jja79 said:

Those are really sharp SUVs. I parked next to one today and really got a chance to look it over. Kind of has a Volvo feel to it. Looks really solid.

Agreed, might wind up trading my wife's highlander in for the Hyundai calligraphy
masonmauler
AG
who is the salesman ay Blue Bonnet you recommend?
JAW3336
AG
pm sent
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.