2017 F-250 sunroof leak

1,010 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Midland CT 05
Midland CT 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been having issues with my sunroof lately, won't open, and if it does it takes several attempts to get it closed. Last time I tried using it (several weeks ago) I finally got it opened and closed but apparently it was closed 100%. (I know, once it was closed I should have just left it alone but I couldn't help myself...) What do I need to do about drying this out and making sure it doesn't stain?

chaca5151
It seems like one of your drain plugs is clogged; if you can get it open again, there are two drain holes that a light blast of air should unclog.

I ended up having to take down my headliner and replace the plastic pieces used to open the sunroof, it wasn't hard at all, and there is a good youtube video. I saved myself $1,200 doing it myself, my sunroof works now with no leaks, but I don't ever plan on opening it again.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Midland CT 05
AG
Did you replace the plastic guides? I've read those are the problems. I'm definitely a DIYer so I'll give it a shot. Did you have trouble getting the liner back on and looking good?
chaca5151
Midland CT 05 said:

Did you replace the plastic guides? I've read those are the problems. I'm definitely a DIYer so I'll give it a shot. Did you have trouble getting the liner back on and looking good?

I did replace the plastic guides, which weren't hard at all, I'm a DIYer also, but it never fails; something always goes wrong. I gave it a shot and was pretty happy with the outcome; it took me a full day, I believe, to finish it.

While the headliner was down, I got some double-sided gorilla glue tape and put up some radiant barrier; not sure how good it will work, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I also covered the top of the slide that hides the glass with a radiant barrier.

No damage to the headliner; it's actually pretty sturdy and looks normal.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Midland CT 05
AG
Got my new rails/ track installed this weekend, but now the sunroof doesn't operate properly. It will move back and forth way easier than before, but when it gets to the closed position, it starts going back open by itself and then stops about half way open. Ive seen videos of how to "reinitialize" or reprogram it but doesn't seem to help/ do anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.