B Pillar damage question

468 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mookie
Sims
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wifes Honda Odyssey got hit in a parking lot. Low speed accident - someone backed into it.

The driver door is non functional, I did get it to open and noticed a deformation in the B pillar.

How cautious should we be if the shop wants to repair it?

It's a 2016 with about 100k.
Dill-Ag13
AG
It's a parking lot hit, I'm not sure what the question is. Did any airbags go off? Just file with insurance, get estimates and proceed with the repair with a trusted shop.
Sims
AG
Question is the third line, that ends in a question mark.
nortex97
AG
I'd be pretty surprised if it weren't repairable (meaning not totalled; guessing the vehicle is worth 15K+ or so). It's an important structural piece yes but as far as complexity to do it right is not that hard. No way I'd do it outside of insurance though.
Sims
AG
That sounds about right, we've already got the claim # from their insurance and a dropoff appt at the shop Monday.

Being structural, I just wanted to try and get a comfort level with the repair difficulty... to do it right and not just make it look right.

Thanks for the info!
Mookie
AG
I would do everything I could to not replace the metal. Given it's a unibody it would be frame/structural.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.