Need to correct curb rash on alloy wheels in Houston

882 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have two vehicles with some curb rash on one or two wheels each. Can anybody recommend a good vendor who can grind/polish that out and then rebalance the wheels?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
If you're in a hurry, HoustonWheelTex. Talk to Sammy. He's the owner. Near 610 and Ella. They do a "B plus" job. Good enough for 98% of people.

If you're not in a hurry, SABS is the place to go. I just put my full size spare on and let them handle it. Near 59S /BW8.

Their pricing is pretty
Close.
Grown Pear
AG
SABS
Buck Turgidson
Thanks for the recommendations
YouBet
AG
This is why I always purchase the tire and wheel package for my cars up front. It's the one additional line item I've found to be worth it when buying cars. Driving in Dallas or Houston equivalent you will make your money back in no time. I've had 5 tires replaced, had all 4 wheels re-polished at least 3 times, and 2 wheels wholly replaced in four and a half years.
Mookie
AG
YouBet said:

This is why I always purchase the tire and wheel package for my cars up front. It's the one additional line item I've found to be worth it when buying cars. Driving in Dallas or Houston equivalent you will make your money back in no time. I've had 5 tires replaced, had all 4 wheels re-polished at least 3 times, and 2 wheels wholly replaced in four and a half years.

Damn do you drive drunk 100% of the time?

OP, just google "rim job houston", lots of good options there.
YouBet
AG
Mookie said:

YouBet said:

Lol. No. I actually drive very little. About 6500 miles pre-COVID and 2-3k now.

Two door coupe with low profile tires are very susceptible to sh^tty Dallas roads.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
YouBet said:

Mookie said:

YouBet said:

Two door coupe with low profile tires are very susceptible to sh^tty Dallas roads.

Bibendum 86
AG
YouBet said:

Well, over three years my wife blew out eight Michelins on her Lexus SUV due to her skillful driving in Houston. I was eager to buy the warranty when we bought the Lexus because I hated the cost of putting tires on her previous ride.

On the other hand, I've had seven Continental Sport Contacts replaced on my car in 2.5 years/28,000 miles due to sidewall bubbles. I offered the warranty guy to split the cost of a new set of Michelins after the first four but he turned me down.
YouBet
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

YouBet said:

Mookie said:

YouBet said:

You tell me how my tires are supposed to hold up under this kind of wear and tear?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.