New Inventory Search

812 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
Maverick06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a good website to look at available inventory on new vehicles in an area? Lots of websites for used vehicles but can't find one I like for new inventory.
TxAg20
AG
You can build and price on manufacturer websites, then search dealer inventory for the vehicle you built.

For what the manufacturers spend on their websites, the search filters are horrible. I've been casually looking for a new GMC 2500 or 3500 long bed SRW. When I build the vehicle on GMC website, I get 500+ results similar to the vehicle I built, but I can't filter by long bed or single rear wheel, which would seem like some of the more important criteria for a pickup buyer.
lawless89
Cars dot com

It pulls dealership inventory as well.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Toyota lets you build and 'show available inventory in your area' but doesn't tell you what dealer has the vehicle.

Doesn't make any sense.
drewser95
AG
cargurus.com
chimpanzee
Autotrader will give you an idea of what's out there, but it's hit or miss if a particular brand or dealer in your area will use them. I use them to browse general trends on prices, packages ordered for the vehicles on lots, etc, then go to the website of a big dealer that I know of in Houston to see what they have if they don't list with AT.

Very few local Toyota dealers advertise there, GM is pretty sparse too.
agnerd
AG
TxAg20 said:

You can build and price on manufacturer websites, then search dealer inventory for the vehicle you built.

For what the manufacturers spend on their websites, the search filters are horrible. I've been casually looking for a new GMC 2500 or 3500 long bed SRW. When I build the vehicle on GMC website, I get 500+ results similar to the vehicle I built, but I can't filter by long bed or single rear wheel, which would seem like some of the more important criteria for a pickup buyer.
Dodge's search is by far the best. You can search by each individual option or any combination, and it tells you if a dealer has it on the lot or if it's been ordered and is on the way.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Toyota lets you build and 'show available inventory in your area' but doesn't tell you what dealer has the vehicle.

Doesn't make any sense.

My guess is you're in the Gulfstates Toyota area where a single entity controls all distribution.
Take the trash out staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.