1Ags F150 Tire/Wheel ?

666 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
TMfrisco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 2019 XLT with the plain XLT chrome wheels 265/60/18s.
I am looking at some takeoff wheels and tires that might be from an Expedition or a FX4 - the 12 spoke chrome with 275/65/18 with Michelin Primacy XCs.

Tires look good - say 90% tread and I like the wheels better than mine. Is there any problem going to that size tire and what do you think those tires and wheels are worth?

I can get the Michelin Defenders at Costco for $750+tax this month in the 265/60/18s. I can buy the takeoffs for $600. What do you think?

Thanks
txag2008
AG
I'm not 1ags, but I put that exact size on my '13 XLT with no issues. They're only about an inch taller & wider than stock.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Takeoff wheels and tires in the 18" range are worth 500-850 depending on tire and wheel condition and how close it is to tax time and government stimulus.

You just have to swap your sensors over and you're good to go.

And yes, 265/60R18 is a great size for fuel economy, but 275/65R18 fills the wheel well better and looks nice overall.
TMfrisco
AG
I like the wheels better, but will I be disappointed in the OEM Michelins? So much so that I should spend another $200 for the Defenders?
I drive about 30K/year and had the Defenders on my last truck and they were great for treadlife.
My '19 has the Hancooks on it now and I have been pleasantly surprised that they have 35K on them now and probably at least 5K more life on them.

Thanks
TMfrisco
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Takeoff wheels and tires in the 18" range are worth 500-850 depending on tire and wheel condition and how close it is to tax time and government stimulus.

And yes, 265/60R18 is a great size for fuel economy, but 275/65R18 fills the wheel well better and looks nice overall.
And, will I notice the change in mileage or have to get my spedo reset?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
TMfrisco said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

And, will I notice the change in mileage or have to get my spedo reset?
It will probably be off 3-5mph at 60.

easily corrected with Forscan,.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.