Anyone want to lease a Camaro? Cheap now!

2,437 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxSquarebody
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
American cars after 1970 = garbage
DallasAg 94
Diet Cokehead
AG
I'll stick with my M5 over any American hunk of crap.
pacecar02
Ag with kids said:

TTUArmy said:

My ATS is sporty enough for me around town. It's on the Camaro chassis and has AWD.

I also have a 1974 Plymouth Duster in the garage if I feel like going old school V-8 and stick for nostalgia's sake.
I had a 1972 Duster with the Slant Six 225...I miss it.
I want a 66-68 travelall with barn doors.....
peacedude
AG
rab79
AG
aggiehawg said:

I miss real cars. Three on the tree with a granny. Bet few here would even know what I am talking about.

Back to basics.

An engine is internal combustion.

A motor is electric.

"Boat motor" is incorrect. Unless one is speaking of trolling motors.
so what does that say about motorboating?
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
YouBet
AG
Ag with kids said:

YouBet said:

Ag with kids said:

YouBet said:

Stick shift is a PITA and I'm considered an old at 47 (I would assume). Will never own one purely because it's a whipping and they frankly aren't going to exist much longer anyway.

I can have equivalent fun simply by turning off ESC in my car especially when it rains. Good way to learn drifting although my fellow Dallasites probably don't appreciate that.
Stick shift is easy (and I'm 52, young un)...And I lived 30 years in DFW driving one most of the time.

And if you want to learn to drift for real, PM me...I know a girl...seriously.
I frankly drive so little now it would make no sense. I think I put 2000 miles on my car this last year with half of that being between Dallas and the coast. I literally get in my car once a week otherwise.
Where on the coast? I live on N Padre.

Maybe I can arrange a drifting lesson down here for some Ags...

Or at least let you drift a stick again.
Rockport so we are close by. We are finding ourselves down there more and more thanks to COVID. Silver lining.
BQ78
AG
Dude you can't shift with your cell phone in your hand.
Slicer97
AG
Meh, call me when they make the Camaro look like this again:

TTUArmy
BQ78 said:

Dude you can't shift with your cell phone in your hand.
Knees on steering wheel, Barq's RB in the left hand, Allsups burrito and shifter in the right...all day long man.
Slicer97
AG
RC Cola, dude.
aggiehawg
AG
It is precisely because many of us on this thread had such experiences growing up and the freedom that having your own car really meant. Driving was enjoyable and you were in control.

We had a lot of fun growing up in the 60s and 70s. And we had some great cars along the way.
munch96
AG
Manual transmissions are more fun. That said, if you drag race, automatics are faster.

Also, Mopar or no car...

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Manual transmissions are more fun. That said, if you drag race, automatics are faster.
Had a manual early 80s Volvo Turbo. That was a fun car to drive on ski trips in the mountains because I could drop it into third, hit the turbo to climb the hills.

Always was a bit of a speed demon in my youth. I blame my older brother for teaching me how to drive. I was 15 and he taught me to drive using his 65 Corvette convertible with a broken speedometer and of course I didn't know how to read a tach. I asked how fast we were going and he looked over at the tach and replied, "About 90 but you are handling it really well."
Rattler12
The Fife said:

aggiehawg said:

I miss real cars. Three on the tree with a granny. Bet few here would even know what I am talking about.

You've just described my truck, it turns 51 next month.
One of mine turns 84 this year, another one 53 and the other one 38. The youngster sports a hopped up 454, a 5 speed and 3:73posi RE.
Ag with kids
AG
munch96 said:

Also, Mopar or no car...

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Ag with kids said:

YouBet said:

Stick shift is a PITA and I'm considered an old at 47 (I would assume). Will never own one purely because it's a whipping and they frankly aren't going to exist much longer anyway.

I can have equivalent fun simply by turning off ESC in my car especially when it rains. Good way to learn drifting although my fellow Dallasites probably don't appreciate that.
Stick shift is easy (and I'm 52, young un)...And I lived 30 years in DFW driving one most of the time.

Constantly shifting gears in city traffic got old for me! Auto was the best .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
aggiehawg
AG
Rattler12 said:

The Fife said:

aggiehawg said:

You've just described my truck, it turns 51 next month.
One of mine turns 84 this year, another one 53 and the other one 38. The youngster sports a hopped up 454, a 5 speed and 3:73posi RE.
You both are lucky to have those. IHIOGA, they are immune to the effects of EMP. (Sec of Air Force declassified some docs for a case I was trying in the early 80s.).
Ag with kids
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Ag with kids said:

YouBet said:

Constantly shifting gears in city traffic got old for me! Auto was the best .
Only time I hated having a stick shift when I lived in DFW was one day when I was working in west FTW and got notice that a bad ice storm was coming in from the west. I lived west of Weatherford so I immediately headed out to my stick shift truck and started heading for home.

My drive from Clifford St to my house took 3.5 hrs. Normally it was 35 min. But, the ice had hit and everything was at crawl speed. Found out my truck went 6 mph in 1st with no gas. Traffic was going 1 mph.

Both my legs were sore when I got home from pushing in the clutch and brake. But, I still never wavered from being a manual transmission fan.
TecRecAg
AG
$274 is crazy low. I can't keep anything stock and I'd hate to put mods on a car I'm going to turn in after 39 months.

Just gonna keep putting my pennies away to find a ZL1 one day for the right price.
Ag with kids
AG
TecRecAg said:

$274 is crazy low. I can't keep anything stock and I'd hate to put mods on a car I'm going to turn in after 39 months.

Just gonna keep putting my pennies away to find a ZL1 one day for the right price.
And THIS is why I could never lease a Wrangler....
Silvy
AG
Ag with kids said:

silverado_lover said:

I'm sorry that the auto is faster than manual and allows for the use of a torque converter with a high STR.
OOOOH....I can step on the accelerator and then I'm done!!!

Millenials...

My apologies for the late response, but there's a bit more to it than that when you actually have something fast.
agdaddy04
AG
Put an LT1 in my 86 Chevy short bed back in high school. It was a fun truck. Got me in and out of a little trouble.
kb2001
AG
aggiehawg said:

Back to basics.

An engine is internal combustion.

A motor is electric.

"Boat motor" is incorrect. Unless one is speaking of trolling motors.
My friend next door growing up had a three on the tree pickup, it was fun to drive.

Also, it's not "Boat motor", it's "motorboating", and it needs to be done daily to keep your blood pressure down. My wife disagrees, but science agrees with me.
TxSquarebody
Went looking for the LT1 yesterday. Do we have a TexAgs hookup for GM cars?? Also, for the slushbox haters, it come in manual. I plan to get the 6-speed myself.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.