Anyone want to lease a Camaro? Cheap now!

2,432 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxSquarebody
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Looking to get into a V-8 muscle car on the cheap? This latest offer from Chevy might just be the way. The company currently has a compelling lease deal on offer for its cheapest V-8 powered Camaro, the LT1.

Qualified lessees can now lease a Camaro LT1 for just $274 a month for 39 months, according to Chevrolet's website. The car in question is a coupe with the 10-speed automatic transmission. If you currently lease a car newer than 2016 that's not a GM vehicle, you'll also be eligible for $274 at signing, and a $0 security deposit.

As for mileage, you're looking at 10,000 miles a year, for a total of 32,500 miles. Go over that, and you'll be paying $0.25 per mile. Of course, taxes, title fees, and dealer fees are not included.

In addition to the 455-horsepower naturally aspirated V-8 under the hood, the LT1 also gets black bowtie badges, trim-specific fender badges, 20-inch wheels, and the vented hood from the more expensive SS. With the 10-speed automatic equipped, MSRP comes in at $36,590.

GM Authority points out it's now cheaper to lease the LT1 than even a base 1LS Camaro. If you've always wanted a new V-8-powered muscle car in your life, this could be your most affordable chance.
Posted that for the young ones here. I think one company has miscalculated demand for their product. But really, for you single guys or older guys who want to remember muscle cars before they are gone, might be your last chance. I already went through that stage. A loooong time ago.

LINK
Pookers
AG
Lost me at 10 speed automatic.
WestAustinAg
AG
Was this the intended board?
BigRobSA
Pookers said:

Yep. LOL at auto-tragics
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
IslanderAg04
Got a 97 SS with a stroked out 383 lt1. Much cooler than a newer one.
Pookers
AG
BigRobSA said:

Pookers said:

Yep. LOL at auto-tragics
Four on the Floor or bust.
Ag with kids
AG
BigRobSA said:

Pookers said:

Yep. LOL at auto-tragics
I just shake my head whenever I see one of these new "muscle cars" and look inside to see the auto stick. Jeez...why take all the fun away from having one of these.

Luckily Jeep still makes the Wrangler with a stick so I still get to have fun driving. But...it's hard to find one. Last time I bought one they had to ship it from LA because it was the closest one.
oneeyedag
Chevy feeling the guzzler going away
aggiehawg
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Was this the intended board?
Yes. Intended to cheer. Intended to maybe get some long unused juices flowing.

But also intended as a sign, the economy is crashed.

Can you deny that? Honestly?
Ags4DaWin
alot of better muscle cars than the camaro now.

Camaro is one of those brands Chevy will pick up and improve for a year or two then ignore for years until it becomes a laughingstock.

4 years ago the Camaro was a bargain and very good. but Chevy focused everything on the corvette rollout and ignored it.

I have read that they are probably looking at phasing the Camaro out entirely.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag with kids said:

BigRobSA said:

Pookers said:

Yep. LOL at auto-tragics
I just shake my head whenever I see one of these new "muscle cars" and look inside to see the auto stick. Jeez...why take all the fun away from having one of these.

Luckily Jeep still makes the Wrangler with a stick so I still get to have fun driving. But...it's hard to find one. Last time I bought one they had to ship it from LA because it was the closest one.
My late brother had many Corvettes over the years but he had this 1970 GTO for a few months. I went for a ride with him in that car on a lone country road. At 140, he backed off. And TBH, later he was allowed to drive some cars around the Texas Speedway before it opened. Now THAT scared the crap out of him.

I'm really surprised that 455 HP for $274 a month isn't a bit more popular here.

Last chance.
Pookers
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

alot of better muscle cars than the camaro now.

Cameron is one of those brands Chevy will pick up and then ignore for years until it becomes a laughingstock.
The previous generation Camaro is actually pretty damn nice. Broke a lot of records on Nrburgring.
Ags4DaWin
agree.

actually was looking at one of the previous generations...but timing was wrong for my midlife crisis.

lol.

but that was my point. camaro is the red headed stepchild of Chevy. they will come back to it every once in awhile and do something nice,, but it never lasts...for the most part they ignore it. then revamp every 8 years or so instead of constantly keeping it fresh.
aggiehawg
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

agree.

actually was looking at one of the previous generations...but timing was wrong for my midlife crisis.

lol.

but that was my point. camaro is the red headed stepchild of Chevy. they will come back to it every once in awhile and do something nice,, but it never lasts...for the most part they ignore it. then revamp every 8 years or so instead of constantly keeping it fresh.
Meh. That's the best lease or purchase deal I have seen for such a car in thirty years, or more.

A "Clutch" is not a purse.

A ten speed is a bit much for a clutch and will be an auto transmission with the differential.

Okay. I'm stupid. Sorry.
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Ags4DaWin said:

agree.

lol.

Meh. That's the best lease or purchase deal I have seen for such a car in thirty years, or more.

A "Clutch" is not a purse.

A ten speed is a bit much for a clutch and will be an auto transmission with the differential.

Okay. I'm stupid. Sorry.
It's not a bad deal if you're looking to haul ass for cheap. And most non-car guys would PREFER an auto transmission.

And I imagine with a 10 speed transmission, it would make for a very smooth shift as you got up to speed...
aggiehawg
AG
I miss real cars. Three on the tree with a granny. Bet few here would even know what I am talking about.

Back to basics.

An engine is internal combustion.

A motor is electric.

"Boat motor" is incorrect. Unless one is speaking of trolling motors.
Silvy
AG
I'm sorry that the auto is faster than manual and allows for the use of a torque converter with a high STR.
p_bubel
aggiehawg said:

Posted that for the young ones here. I think one company has miscalculated demand for their product. But really, for you single guys or older guys who want to remember muscle cars before they are gone, might be your last chance. I already went through that stage. A loooong time ago.

LINK
Instapundit reader?

Quote:

I'm really surprised that 455 HP for $274 a month isn't a bit more popular here.
It's a stinking great lease deal, actually. I wish it was manual, but whatever. (Not in the market)
aggiehawg
AG
silverado_lover said:

I'm sorry that the auto is faster than manual and allows for the use of a torque converter with a high STR.
Thank you. I still think that's fun, Changing gears, downshifting to go into corners, and upshifting AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME to stop fishtailing. We used to drive those vehicles. For good or bad.

Now those cars are supposed to drive us? Now?

And bad news for our auto industry.
Ag with kids
AG
silverado_lover said:

OOOOH....I can step on the accelerator and then I'm done!!!

Millenials...
30wedge
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Looking to get into a V-8 muscle car on the cheap? This latest offer from Chevy might just be the way. The company currently has a compelling lease deal on offer for its cheapest V-8 powered Camaro, the LT1.

Qualified lessees can now lease a Camaro LT1 for just $274 a month for 39 months, according to Chevrolet's website. The car in question is a coupe with the 10-speed automatic transmission. If you currently lease a car newer than 2016 that's not a GM vehicle, you'll also be eligible for $274 at signing, and a $0 security deposit.

As for mileage, you're looking at 10,000 miles a year, for a total of 32,500 miles. Go over that, and you'll be paying $0.25 per mile. Of course, taxes, title fees, and dealer fees are not included.

In addition to the 455-horsepower naturally aspirated V-8 under the hood, the LT1 also gets black bowtie badges, trim-specific fender badges, 20-inch wheels, and the vented hood from the more expensive SS. With the 10-speed automatic equipped, MSRP comes in at $36,590.

GM Authority points out it's now cheaper to lease the LT1 than even a base 1LS Camaro. If you've always wanted a new V-8-powered muscle car in your life, this could be your most affordable chance.

LINK
I am more than a little surprised that the MSRP is only $36,590. Didn't figure you could touch one for that.
The Fife
aggiehawg said:

I miss real cars. Three on the tree with a granny. Bet few here would even know what I am talking about.

You've just described my truck, it turns 51 next month.
The Fife
Ags4DaWin said:

I have read that they are probably looking at phasing the Camaro out entirely.

Don't worry, it'll be back a few years later as a cute ute mommy mover
Ag with kids
AG
The Fife said:

aggiehawg said:

My Dad's Willys turns 74 this year...

****er keeps telling me I don't have a "real" Jeep.

But his IS awesome.
TTUArmy
My ATS is sporty enough for me around town. It's on the Camaro chassis and has AWD.

I also have a 1974 Plymouth Duster in the garage if I feel like going old school V-8 and stick for nostalgia's sake.
YouBet
AG
Stick shift is a PITA and I'm considered an old at 47 (I would assume). Will never own one purely because it's a whipping and they frankly aren't going to exist much longer anyway.

I can have equivalent fun simply by turning off ESC in my car especially when it rains. Good way to learn drifting although my fellow Dallasites probably don't appreciate that.
eric76
AG
The Fife said:

aggiehawg said:

I have a '64 International C-900, but it hasn't been used in years. I loved driving that pickup even if it was way underpowered with it's slant 4 engine. Maybe one of these years I'll get it running again.
Ag with kids
AG
TTUArmy said:

My ATS is sporty enough for me around town. It's on the Camaro chassis and has AWD.

I also have a 1974 Plymouth Duster in the garage if I feel like going old school V-8 and stick for nostalgia's sake.
I had a 1972 Duster with the Slant Six 225...I miss it.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LINK
How old is the oldest one? I'm in the market for a 67' SS
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Ag with kids
AG
YouBet said:

Stick shift is a PITA and I'm considered an old at 47 (I would assume). Will never own one purely because it's a whipping and they frankly aren't going to exist much longer anyway.

I can have equivalent fun simply by turning off ESC in my car especially when it rains. Good way to learn drifting although my fellow Dallasites probably don't appreciate that.
Stick shift is easy (and I'm 52, young un)...And I lived 30 years in DFW driving one most of the time.

And if you want to learn to drift for real, PM me...I know a girl...seriously.
Ag with kids
AG
eric76 said:

The Fife said:

aggiehawg said:

I have a '64 International C-900, but it hasn't been used in years. I loved driving that pickup even if it was way underpowered with it's slant 4 engine. Maybe one of these years I'll get it running again.
I had a 1970 IH 1100 and a 1972 Travelall. Both with the 345 engines...

They were indestructible...
YouBet
AG
Ag with kids said:

YouBet said:

Stick shift is easy (and I'm 52, young un)...And I lived 30 years in DFW driving one most of the time.

I frankly drive so little now it would make no sense. I think I put 2000 miles on my car this last year with half of that being between Dallas and the coast. I literally get in my car once a week otherwise.
dmart90
AG
I have a 61 Impala in the garage. It's an automatic, but still fun as hell to drive.
Ag with kids
AG
YouBet said:

Ag with kids said:

YouBet said:

I frankly drive so little now it would make no sense. I think I put 2000 miles on my car this last year with half of that being between Dallas and the coast. I literally get in my car once a week otherwise.
Where on the coast? I live on N Padre.

Maybe I can arrange a drifting lesson down here for some Ags...

Or at least let you drift a stick again.
CaptTex
AG
Would be nice to have a 10 speed in my ram, with a 4.44 rear end boy talk about power...and maybe even fuel mileage depending on the ratios in the transmission. I like my Aisin, but I wish I had a few more gears, I'd even go for manual if it was offered.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.