F150 tuners

820 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
montanagriz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I have never used a performance tuner so are they worth the money? I own a 2015 F150 3.5 ecoboost. What is the best tuner to go with? I have looked at SCT BDX and 5 Star X4/SF4. Open to other ideas but looking for something basic to save some gas mileage and get more horse power or torque. Not looking for drag racing or fast and furious.

Talk me into it or out of it and what would be something good in the 400 to 600 range?
TecRecAg
AG
I ran an SCT X4 on my 2013 Ecoboost. Had 5 Star tunes on it. Bought from Stage 3. Truck ran great. While I was after fuel mileage, I found it a little tough to keep my foot out of it.

I had..

87 economy
87 performance
93 performance

It's worth the money to do it if you're out of warranty. Put new plugs in before you do it.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Five star, stage 3 and Palm Beach, and VMP and LUND are all the big players.
All of them are good for email canned tunes.

montanagriz
S
For the tuner itself, what do you think about the X4 vs BDX? Would you buy a different tuner than those? Trying to stay in the 500 or less range with some pretunes on it already.

2015 3.5 ecoboost 4 wheel drive
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
montanagriz said:

For the tuner itself, what do you think about the X4 vs BDX? Would you buy a different tuner than those? Trying to stay in the 500 or less range with some pretunes on it already.

2015 3.5 ecoboost 4 wheel drive
BDX has more features than the SCTX4.

If you dont care about all the fancy displays etc, the X4 is fine.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.