2014 honda Pilot battery recommendations

762 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
zag213004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Battery on my pilot is shot. Looking for battery recommendations for it... preferably at AutoZone as they have a shop a mile from me. Reliability and longevity as the car has 115k and I intend to run it until the engine falls out.

Optima yellow? Red? Duralast platinum seem to be the top results for it. Any thoughts on these. This car is my daily driver to work 4 days a week but doesn't see much action otherwise
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
No reason for optima.

You're asking for recommendations but only want auto zone. * shrug *
Macarthur
If you have a Costco near you, go get an interstate.
Flaith
AG
If you want a recommendation for batteries at Autozone for a vehicle you're going to keep a long time, just go with the Duralast Platinum AGM 24F

https://www.autozone.com/batteries-starting-and-charging/battery/duralast-platinum-agm-battery-24f-agm-group-size-24f-710-cca/547127_0_0
zag213004
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

No reason for optima.

I said "preferably"... Not an absolute. What do you suggest then. I welcome any recommendations. I don't know what I don't know
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
zwhag2010 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

No reason for optima.

I said "preferably"... Not an absolute. What do you suggest then. I welcome any recommendations. I don't know what I don't know
Walmart, Autozone, Sams, Pep Boys "Champion" and Interstate Batteries (also sold at Costco) and many others are made by Johnson Controls.

Usually the big box stores battery prices are the best. Walmart is great because they're everywhere and there is always one open somewhere.

I do lots of business with Oreilly Auto parts but I dislike their batteries, as they are exide.

I dunno when this happened but it seems many car batteries quietly changed their pro-rated warranty to a 2 or 3 year free replacement with zero pro-rate.

I bought a Everstart Maxx for my Mercedes last month from Walmart because they offer a 3 year free replacement.

Costco Interstates are 2 year.

IIRC Pep Boys has a 25% off sale on batteries right now as well.

I've also found that Autozone and Walmarts Value line batteries perform every bit as good as their Maxx/Gold/Platinum but with less warranty (one year).

So, I guess pick the favorite place. Seems like Autozone battery prices are pretty high though.

RE: AGM batteries, great (and required) for Auto Start stop engines and if you run high electrical load, big stereos etc. But for your daily, I dont see the reason for cost uplift. The biggest favor you can do for your ride, especially during COVID, is to keep the battery in tip top shape, by driving regularly or putting it on a battery Tender with auto float. Especially if youre working from home and just picking the kids up or going to the store and not really getting the system fully charged. Newer cars have so much electronic need that doing around town/short trips is really hard on the battery/electrical system.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.