Let's play identify the thief's car

1,967 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Complete Idiot
I cant place it, I was thinking Pontiac G6 coupe but taillights arent quite right
'03ag
Toyota Solara Coupe 2003-2008

t-shirt fan
Toyota Camry Solara?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Solara with paper plates
Complete Idiot
'03ag said:

Toyota Solara Coupe 2003-2008
That looks correct, thanks! Fast work.
uncover&humpit
AG
What's the story?
Complete Idiot
uncover&humpit said:

What's the story?

A neighbor had a bike stolen out of open garage, family of four home and still daylight on a Tuesday. Fairly bold. Perp had paper plates it looks like, and came with a bike rack, so does this for a living I guess
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Solara
Mookie
AG
If it was a good bike, check pinkbike for it.
Complete Idiot
Mookie said:

If it was a good bike, check pinkbike for it.
They shared the bike make and model, over $2K new apparently.

Lots of neighbors sharing camera clips of guy and/or vehicle. Despite all these cameras I'd guess near zero chance of getting bike back or the thieves ever getting charged. Paper plates, faces too covered, etc.

A Toyota Solara is a rare car though so perhaps someone will spot it around, or police might actually keep an eye out for it. If the thieves are stupid, which they tend to be, maybe they are actually from the local area.

Lots of people keep their garage doors open, I don't unless I'm actively in the garage. We have a few pricey bikes and other stuff of value in the garage, and I'm paranoid. But still, I tend to have the self awareness of "I'm paranoid, why can't I just leave the door open like my neighbors?" And then someone get's something stolen in broad daylight, when they are home, and there are obvious cameras.
JamesPShelley
I'm not a rocket surgeon... but I would surmise that with paper plates recently the car was purchased. Maybe the local keystones could check the local Toyota dealers... you know... do some investigating?
'03ag
That car is at least 12 years old. Could've come from just about any kind of dealership you could imagine.
Mookie
AG
That car was not sold by a Toyota dealership. That car was bought at auction by a couple of African or Middle Eastern note lot dudes with questionable ethics and even more questionable immigration statuses. Their dealerships usually have overly American names to throw off the feds... A+ Flying Eagle Auto Sales, USA #1 Motors, etc or a variation of Texas Direct Auto like Metro Direct Auto or Pasadena Direct Auto.

The chances of that temp tag matching an actual vehicle sales are less than winning the powerball.
EMY92
AG
Something like 70% of paper plates are fake. They are printed/faked to avoid paying the registration on the vehicle.
AgCPA95
AG
EMY92 said:

Something like 70% of paper plates are fake. They are printed/faked to avoid paying the registration on the vehicle.
And a large number of the deadbeats can't register a vehicle in Texas as they owe six months or more back child support.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
JamesPShelley said:

I'm not a rocket surgeon... but I would surmise that with paper plates recently the car was purchased. Maybe the local keystones could check the local Toyota dealers... you know... do some investigating?

Do you even Houston bro? Paper plates almost always = third worlder or homegrown deadbeat.

Basically the kind of gutter trash that steals bikes out of garages.
vic99
AG
Nice! awesome to see this on here. I once lived in the same neighborhood and saw this on that FB page too. Hope they catch the punk.
Ag for Life
AG
Mookie said:

That car was not sold by a Toyota dealership. That car was bought at auction by a couple of African or Middle Eastern note lot dudes with questionable ethics and even more questionable immigration statuses. Their dealerships usually have overly American names to throw off the feds... A+ Flying Eagle Auto Sales, USA #1 Motors, etc or a variation of Texas Direct Auto like Metro Direct Auto or Pasadena Direct Auto.

The chances of that temp tag matching an actual vehicle sales are less than winning the powerball.

With amnesty coming we'll see a surge soon in paper tag percentage.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
vic99 said:

Nice! awesome to see this on here. I once lived in the same neighborhood and saw this on that FB page too. Hope they catch the punk.

You meant shoot, not catch, right?
txags92
AG
Even if you had a real plate and a clear view of the guy's face holding up his DL next to it, HPD ain't going to do ***** They don't make money solving these kinds of crimes. They fund the department writing tickets, not getting your property back. Tell the neighbors to pop a cap in the dude's ass if they see him again. HPD doesn't have a very good record solving those either. If the whole neighborhood knows it was a crook, hopefully they keep their mouths shut too.
Burdizzo
AG
Ag for Life said:

Mookie said:

With amnesty coming we'll see a surge soon in paper tag percentage.

And the cops can't pull them over because racial profiling.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Mookie said:

When I sold my Landcruiser years ago this is exactly what happened. Huge carload of middle eastern guys show up, drive car, tell me it's a piece of **** and that it kept stalling on them. Oh by the way, they swung through Starbucks too on the test drive and offered me $7,000 on a $11,000 vehicle.

I politely told them to GTFO my property.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.