Falken Wildpeak H/T02 Tires (any experience?)

1,788 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggieangler93
Grown Pear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have experience or first hand knowledge with the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 tire?

I'm having a tough time deciding on my next tire. Came across these online and really like the look - I just can't find much research/information about them. Have a 2020 Silverado 1500, I am installing Bilstein height-adjustable shocks and adding a rear block for the time being. This will be a 2" increase front and back and I will be adding LT rated 275/65R20 tires.

I've had Falken AT3W's on a previous truck and like the brand but don't want that aggressive of a look. Here is my application/goals:

• Primarily a daily driver in the city but also a significant amount of highway miles and decent amount of travel trailer towing.
  • NOT used for any off-roading. The extent of off-pavement use would be limited to an occasional ranch, hunting lease, etc. in conditions where OEM tires would be sufficient.
  • So my wants are a good, strong, reliable tire - as minimal effect on fuel mileage as possible - as minimal effect on road noise as possible. I don't want to worry about a blowout or hole punctures.
  • But they still gotta look good right!? Wanting a good strong truck tire look, capable of doing what I throw at it. But I'm not going after an aggressive look. I like the look of these Wildpeak H/T02's, the Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner, and the Michelin LTX AT2 tires to give you an idea on "tame-ness/aggressiveness". I like the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S look but they don't have the size I want. So I call these "marginally aggressive" - more-so than stock tires but not a true all-terrain. An All-season/All-terrain kind of hybrid-spectrum.
  • I do not want to go the look of BF Goodrich KO2, Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac, Nitto Rigegrappler, or the other Cooper all terrains.

Thanks for listening. Thoughts?

Falken Wildpeak H/T02 Tire

FC12
Is the regular AT Trail too aggressive? https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak/t-trail-tire
I want to say the new TRD Pro Tacoma's come with this tire...

Anyway, I'm running the AT3s and yes, they are pretty aggressive but awesome. I don't know anything about the other varieties.
Grown Pear
AG
FC12 said:

Is the regular AT Trail too aggressive? https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak/t-trail-tire
I want to say the new TRD Pro Tacoma's come with this tire...

Anyway, I'm running the AT3s and yes, they are pretty aggressive but awesome. I don't know anything about the other varieties.

Thanks for the suggestion! I saw those but they don't come in the size I want.

Good to hear you like yours. I've had Cooper's in the past as well, and really think highly of their tires.
FC12
Sorry, meant I'm running the Wildpeak AT3W tires. But both Cooper AT3s and Falken's Wildpeak AT3Ws rock. I definitely understand wanting a less aggressive tire.
Grown Pear
AG
FC12 said:

Sorry, meant I'm running the Wildpeak AT3W tires. But both Cooper AT3s and Falken's Wildpeak AT3Ws rock. I definitely understand wanting a less aggressive tire.

Oh that makes sense LOL, that's what I get for reading in the Whataburger drive-through line
ktownag08
AG
Would go with the Cooper AT3 4S if it were me. I actually don't think they're that aggressive compared to the Wildpeak AT3Ws which is use on my 4Runner. Will be a good tire for what you're looking to do.
Aggieangler93
AG
Toyo AT3s may be a good set to look at?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.