The Nissan turned 250,000 miles today.

1,514 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBRex
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We celebrated with some snow at 5,000' then drove all the way back home. Still runs great.

Dill-Ag13
AG
Damn. Hard to believe Nissan used to make badass xterras and pathfinders.
ccolley68
AG
I don't know if xterras ever classified as ""badass"", but pathfinders were once upon a time.
MouthBQ98
AG
Xterras were hidden gems that were overlooked because they became a popular "chick car". They are underpowered but the drive train is overbuilt and bulletproof, especially in the first gen models. The H233b is a great Axle and the R200 in front is pretty solid too. The 5 speed manual is good too, and it shares a lot of part compatibility with mid to late 90's pathfinders. As long are you aren't in a hurry, it is great.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Compared to the Kicks? Everything is badass.
mm98
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Xterras were hidden gems that were overlooked because they became a popular "chick car". They are underpowered but the drive train is overbuilt and bulletproof, especially in the first gen models. The H233b is a great Axle and the R200 in front is pretty solid too. The 5 speed manual is good too, and it shares a lot of part compatibility with mid to late 90's pathfinders. As long are you aren't in a hurry, it is great.
I'm guessing 12mpgs in that thing?
AggieGunslinger
AG
My wife had one when we started dating, it was the first year of first gen before the power upgrades. Your description is perfect. She sold it with about 150k miles on it, I think the only non-wear and tear item we ever replaced on it was the knock sensor which is a known thing on Nissan's.
MouthBQ98
AG
13.5-14.5. It would go up 2mpg if I went from mud tires to AT.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, it was a shame the xterra ended up with the chick car label
TXAG 05
AG
They were standard issue for sorority girls when I was at A&M
BBRex
AG
I had an early '00s Frontier that I loved. I wound up trading it for a Titan, and that ended my love for Nissan. I bet that Frontier is still running.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.