Emissions Control Leak Code

371 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Lucky Jack Aubrey
Lucky Jack Aubrey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 2018 Silverado 5.3l. My check engine light came on and I'm getting code P0455 (Evaporative Emissions Control Leak). Normally, I'd check my gas cap, but this model doesn't have one. I checked the spring loaded flap and it appears to be seating correctly. What else can I check to reset this code?

JamesPShelley
Lucky Jack Aubrey said:

I have a 2018 Silverado 5.3l. My check engine light came on and I'm getting code P0455 (Evaporative Emissions Control Leak). Normally, I'd check my gas cap, but this model doesn't have one. I checked the spring loaded flap and it appears to be seating correctly. What else can I check to reset this code?

That spring loaded flap. By "checking" it I assume you used the specially fitted funnel and pressed in in and out several times? That might cause any debris, introduced during a fillup, to dislodge. Have you cleared the code... or given it time to run through a few start/stop/drive cycles to clear itself?

Cheers!
Lucky Jack Aubrey
AG
I have not, but I will. I just checked with my finger to see if it was closing all the way and how much pressure it had on it. Seemed normal, but I'm obviously no expert.

It's been started and run probably a half dozen times since the light came on last Friday.

Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.