Toyota Sequoia Brake Pedal

800 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know whether the brake pedal on this vehicle can be adjusted to be less."spongy". My husband wants them to adjust it so that you don't have to push it down so far before it starts braking. They did this on his old Lexus.
TAMUTundra
I would suggest getting a toy tech to look at this.. that is not a normal feel for a brake pedal.... should "hit" brake at first touch.. at least in both of my Tundras... never spongy..
combat wombat™
AG
Yeah, thy have checked it already and said it was normal. My husband disagrees. He drives a Lincoln Navigator and his brake feels completely different... so he really doesn't like mine.
TAMUTundra
You can call Toyota Corp and request another dealership... if the pedal is really spongy this is not good... a second opinion probably a good thing especially when dealing with brakes...there kinda important... bound to be another dealership close to y'all... good luck
Bob Kelso
AG
Did they try to bleed some of the air out of the brake system? Releasing some air will help.

How old are your brake pads? New pads have a much better response and less sponge feel to it.
sts7049
AG
i second checking the pads, plus also if the fluid hasn't been changed i would change it.
Complete Idiot
Nothing a squat rack and some andro can't fix.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Nothing a squat rack and some andro can't fix.
X2

Never skip leg day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.