2005 Power Wagon - need suggestions for new front upper/lower control arms

1,156 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by sdc177
sdc177
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a new set of control arms. Thinking of buying something a little better quality than what a shop would normally install. I'm still going to take them somewhere to be installed as I am not wanting to mess with it. It has a lift and 35s. The Power Wagon for those not familiar is a 2500 4x4. What should I get? Best bang for the buck?

TexasAggie2006
AG
I've got a 2015 PW. I'd recommend joining one of the PW FB groups out there and pitching them your question. There is a lot of good info out there too for such a purpose-built vehicle.
sdc177
AG
oops
sdc177
AG
TexasAggie2006 said:

I've got a 2015 PW. I'd recommend joining one of the PW FB groups out there and pitching them your question. There is a lot of good info out there too for such a purpose-built vehicle.
Thanks, is my year range one that we may see appreciation on in the near future? Not sure how these are viewed. I may sell it.
Silvy
AG
sdc177 said:

Thanks, is my year range one that we may see appreciation on in the near future? Not sure how these are viewed. I may sell it.

Doubtful
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
XRF
TexasAggie2006
AG
sdc177 said:

TexasAggie2006 said:

Probably not. While they tend to hold their value better than other Dodge 3/4 ton gassers, they don't really "appreciate" in value.
sdc177
AG
TexasAggie2006 said:

sdc177 said:

TexasAggie2006 said:

Probably not. While they tend to hold their value better than other Dodge 3/4 ton gassers, they don't really "appreciate" in value.

Thanks, that's good to know. It's only got 109k miles and that number grows pretty slowly.
Corps_Ag12
AG
sdc177 said:

TexasAggie2006 said:

sdc177 said:

TexasAggie2006 said:

Thanks, that's good to know. It's only got 109k miles and that number grows pretty slowly.

Knock on wood, that's about when my buddy's 2012 power wagon dropped a rod & trashes the motor. $9k later and he has a fresh 5.7 with 2000 miles on it
Naveronski
AG
What's your budget?

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/suspension-brakes/1512-tough-chase-truck-turning-a-ram-into-an-off-road-gazelle/
Street Fighter
AG
Carli

https://carlisuspension.com/ram-2500-3500/
sdc177
AG
Decided to go with Metalcloak.

https://metalcloak.com/1500-2500-3500-dodge-front-control-arm-set-2003-2009.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.