Mercedes GLC?

907 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JeepWaveEarl
BmtAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at used GLCs. Probably 2018 CPO. anyone with experience with this model? How is fuel economy and maintenance costs? Will have 3 yrs left on warranty with CPO.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Definitely buy a CPO and all the extended warranty you can afford.

Once the warranty runs out, dump it.

I love Euro luxo cars, but these cars are built to price points and reliable enough for the first lesee. Second owner is smart enough to buy CPO.

3rd owner is either a guy like me that is handy with a wrench and isnt scared to do basic repairs, or someone who's trying to ball on a budget. The latter either has a good mechanic, or will just go to Pep Boys and Midas and patch the car along until it shows up on FB classified or CL as a mechanics special.

And the cycle repeats itself for buyers 4,5,and 6 until they just give up.
BmtAg96
AG
Any common issues to be aware of?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
BmtAg96 said:

Any common issues to be aware of?
I wouldnt buy the 2.0 turbo.

Regular maintenance isnt cheap, and a lot of the interior plastic pieces are flimsy and squeaky.

Lots of suspension/steering issues, google GLC Crabbing.]

COMAND screen freezing, etc
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I bought a 2019 GLC 300 almost a year ago and have put a little more than 12,000 miles on it this year. I have loved it but am looking to sell it because it's just too small for our family. We need something bigger (my son who was fine in it last January hit a huge growth spurt and is now the size of a full man...which it gets tight with luggage, etc).

I have had no problems, incl. ones 1ags is describing, and it still has tons of warranty left in the original 48/50,000. Maintenance costs are premium, just like the vehicle. I get anywhere from 25 in town to 28 on highway trips.

I'm located in BCS and would be willing to meet to view. If any desire to view let me know whoop03@***gmail***.com or send me a pm.

JeepWaveEarl
AG
I have photos available if you'd like to see them. Just let me know!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.