Bronco Group Buy?

4,488 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBRex
DeWrecking Crew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First, let me say right out of the gate, I have no connections and thus would not be the best person to organize this. So I'm looking for a connected volunteer (cough, cough, 1Ags, Repro). Ford recently released a video across their dealer network that delivery allocation of the reservations will be based on a number of factors, but essentially when you break it down, it all adds up to the volume of the dealership will get priority. That being said, if you've reserved, or will be reserving, with a dealership that only has a couple of reservations on the books, you will most likely be waiting until 2022 for delivery (and no, I'm not exaggerating). In addition, in the absence of the build and price configurator I fear marked up pricing is going to be a problem. So the concept is simple, use the volume advantages of a group buy to both keep the price down, but more importantly be higher on the list for preferential delivery. Ideally we'd team with a dealership that is already high volume so that they already have a lot of reservations, but then negotiate a deal with that dealership whereby we are essentially a single customer thereby being their largest customer, making us the highest volume customer at an already high volume dealership. Our demands, at least in my mind, $500-$1000 below invoice without x-plan, and priority on reservation allocation. Obviously to accomplish this we need to bring the dealership volume. So, the first question, how many people have reservations already, and how many people would be interested in joining forces to use the power of a group buy? Second question, if enough interest, who wants to head this up? The first step is doing a little leg work to find out what level of business a dealership would have to have to make a deal like this? Once we have the target number we can see how far off, or close, we are to it being a viable plan. But we need some sort of idea as to the current interest in this to even see if we want to explore the idea.

TLDR; let's pool our resources for TexAgs AB Bronco group buy to try and get priority delivery allocation
lb3
AG
You want S/N: 000001, you want it under invoice, and you want someone else to do all the leg work.

Did I get that right?
DeWrecking Crew
No, I want a S# under 100,000. Anybody that placed their reservation after Sept. 17th will be getting a '22 MY Bronco. We have until January 31, 2021 to move our pre-Sept. 17th reservation to a different dealer. They just released info that they'll be filling reservations based on dealer volume. Previously, most thought the orders would be filled by reservation number and it didn't matter what dealership you used, that has apparently changed and am just trying to adjust accordingly. I'll be happy to do everything if that's what the group wants, just thought it made more sense for someone in the profession to lead the conversation.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Someone missed supply and demand day in economics 101...
DeWrecking Crew
I'm apparently doing a horrible job of communicating the idea, so I'll bow out...but just for the record, I understand S&D...Ford has limited capacity to build these Broncos, it is sharing the plant with Rangers, as such, they can not meet demand. Dealers can not order stock for their lot, the only Bronco business they'll be getting is from people with reservations, therefore there will be competition by the dealers for your reservation. Considering the add on or aftermarket potential of the Bronco they will be clamoring for all the Bronco business they can get...and I'll repeat, they can not drive that business themselves, only people with reservations will be getting a Bronco, so the only way the dealers can get in on this is to try and get as many people as possible to switch their reservation to their dealership. To do that, they'll be willing to deal (at least a few will anyway)
KRT-1
This has already been done. See Texas Group Buy on the Bronco6G forum. BOB UTTER FORD in Sherman is the dealership handling the group buy.
DeWrecking Crew
KRT-1 said:

This has already been done. See Texas Group Buy on the Bronco6G forum. BOB UTTER FORD in Sherman is the dealership handling the group buy.

Thanks!! I'll see if I'm too late to get in on this, do you know if you had to already be a BroncoG6 member? I've lurked there in the past but never registered
Aggietaco
AG
Why would you have to be a forum member based on the info you provided? Just move your reservation to their dealership and be one of the many that want to pick up their bronco in Sherman.
KRT-1
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/texas-buyers-group-the-offer-the-dealership-%E2%80%93-finally.6818/
DeWrecking Crew
Aggietaco said:

Why would you have to be a forum member based on the info you provided? Just move your reservation to their dealership and be one of the many that want to pick up their bronco in Sherman.

Because they arranged a Group Buy special pricing (like I was wanting to do). Do you think the dealership wants to just include anybody off the street with the special pricing? The good news is I got in, $1000 under invoice. I'll wait for my next Supply and Demand lesson from the AB, should be a good one.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

No, I want a S# under 100,000. Anybody that placed their reservation after Sept. 17th will be getting a '22 MY Bronco. We have until January 31, 2021 to move our pre-Sept. 17th reservation to a different dealer. They just released info that they'll be filling reservations based on dealer volume. Previously, most thought the orders would be filled by reservation number and it didn't matter what dealership you used, that has apparently changed and am just trying to adjust accordingly. I'll be happy to do everything if that's what the group wants, just thought it made more sense for someone in the profession to lead the conversation.

Good thing I reserved mine in July.
reproag
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

First, let me say right out of the gate, I have no connections and thus would not be the best person to organize this. So I'm looking for a connected volunteer (cough, cough, 1Ags, Repro). Ford recently released a video across their dealer network that delivery allocation of the reservations will be based on a number of factors, but essentially when you break it down, it all adds up to the volume of the dealership will get priority. That being said, if you've reserved, or will be reserving, with a dealership that only has a couple of reservations on the books, you will most likely be waiting until 2022 for delivery (and no, I'm not exaggerating). In addition, in the absence of the build and price configurator I fear marked up pricing is going to be a problem. So the concept is simple, use the volume advantages of a group buy to both keep the price down, but more importantly be higher on the list for preferential delivery. Ideally we'd team with a dealership that is already high volume so that they already have a lot of reservations, but then negotiate a deal with that dealership whereby we are essentially a single customer thereby being their largest customer, making us the highest volume customer at an already high volume dealership. Our demands, at least in my mind, $500-$1000 below invoice without x-plan, and priority on reservation allocation. Obviously to accomplish this we need to bring the dealership volume. So, the first question, how many people have reservations already, and how many people would be interested in joining forces to use the power of a group buy? Second question, if enough interest, who wants to head this up? The first step is doing a little leg work to find out what level of business a dealership would have to have to make a deal like this? Once we have the target number we can see how far off, or close, we are to it being a viable plan. But we need some sort of idea as to the current interest in this to even see if we want to explore the idea.

TLDR; let's pool our resources for TexAgs AB Bronco group buy to try and get priority delivery allocation
A few things here.

1. It is against Ford's policy for a dealership to advertise any vehicle "below invoice". With the Bronco, since invoices are not available yet it is against Ford's policy for a dealership to advertise ANY price for that vehicle. Our Bronco rep was here two weeks ago and Ford knows about the dealership out of state (Missouri I believe) that was doing the same thing and shut them down then tacked on a huge fine to the dealership. They will probably do the same the this new one once they find out about them. I'm telling y'all this bc this deal they are giving you might not be available when you pick up your Bronco.

2. If you ordered before Sep 17th you are guaranteed a 2021 Bronco. Without getting to much in the weeds, basically there are two types of dealerships, we will call them large and small. If you ordered from a small dealership your order may not be filled before the large dealerships. So lets say you were order #30 you may get your Bronco after order # 220 (random # pick) bc you didn't order from a large dealership. To give a little perspective the place I work is a large dealership and the small dealerships are VERY small.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know. If you would like to talk offline my contact info is in my profile.
DeWrecking Crew

Still listed on their website, so Ford must have not slapped them too hard?
DeWrecking Crew
http://www.stephensauto.com/2021-bronco/

These guys are offering it too...directly on their website
reproag
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Still listed on their website, so Ford must have not slapped them too hard?
Actually Ford has denied allocation to them for the rest of 2020. They have 20 vehicles in their inventory (I'm looking at their actual inventory, not what it says on their website) and the ones that were scheduled to go there have been reassigned. Granger has still refused to take that add down. Ford is expected to hit them again with more penalties and/or fines. Granger is one of the small dealerships I was talking about. However, I was wrong, they are in Iowa not Missouri. Also I'm not saying you will not get this deal, I'm just saying it is against Ford's rules to advertise like this. Talk around the water cooler is Ford may take away their Bronco allocation.
DeWrecking Crew
Ol_Ag_02 said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

Good thing I reserved mine in July.
Me too, July 15th...its gonna be a wild ride through delivery I'm assuming

Edit to add, they announced recently...no x-plan pricing for Bronco
BBRex
AG
Ford could have put this all to bed by saying dealers had to sell at MSRP or up to $500 above MSRP or whatever. Allowing dealers to mark up as they see fit scared folks who have reserved vehicles into wanting something in writing. Savvy dealers should be able to make offers that get them more volume.
DeWrecking Crew
BBRex said:

Ford could have put this all to bed by saying dealers had to sell at MSRP or up to $500 above MSRP or whatever. Allowing dealers to mark up as they see fit scared folks who have reserved vehicles into wanting something in writing. Savvy dealers should be able to make offers that get them more volume.

Yep, now that x-plan won't be allowed, the dealers that aren't willing to deal, are going to get crushed by those that are...the dealer I switched to has had near 300 reservations switched to them between Saturday and today.
DeWrecking Crew
BTW...it's official, the Build and Price configutator goes live Friday the 23rd
BBRex
AG
Do you have any idea what kind of markups dealers are looking at charging?
tk for tu juan
DeWrecking Crew said:

BTW...it's official, the Build and Price configutator goes live Friday the 23rd
T&P for the servers on Friday, could be worse than the Xbox/playstation servers on Christmas day
reproag
AG
BBRex said:

Do you have any idea what kind of markups dealers are looking at charging?
I have had two customers switch there reservation to me bc they were being told by the same big city dealership their price would be $10,000 over sticker for a First Edition and $5,000 for any other trim level.
reproag
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

BBRex said:

Yep, now that x-plan won't be allowed, the dealers that aren't willing to deal, are going to get crushed by those that are...the dealer I switched to has had near 300 reservations switched to them between Saturday and today.
Be careful. Whoever told you this is not telling you the truth. Again not saying you will not get a great deal or what they are advertising. According to Ford there have not been 300 reservations switched nation wide in that time frame, much less to one dealership.
BBRex
AG
That matches what I heard. The dealer I'm working with now has said they will adjust their price to the market, but that could mean anything, which is why I am considering changing. I appreciate the dealer's help, but without a firm idea of what I'm getting into, I'm not sure I want to go that route. Adding $5k to the price is a bit of a markup for providing me some information in a few emails.
agdoc2001
AG
Just the nail in the coffin for me on waiting a couple years. Might go with the Warthog or at least give the offroad companies a couple years to develop some decent products.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeWrecking Crew
BBRex said:

That matches what I heard. The dealer I'm working with now has said they will adjust their price to the market, but that could mean anything, which is why I am considering changing. I appreciate the dealer's help, but without a firm idea of what I'm getting into, I'm not sure I want to go that route. Adding $5k to the price is a bit of a markup for providing me some information in a few emails.

If you want to join us, we've got a signed letter from the GM...$1000 under invoice, no dealer add ons (unless you want them). As Repro said, maybe they are full of it, and will screw all of us over at the last second, but when I give my $500 to convert the order, I expect it to be honored
BBRex
AG
I think that's the one I'm working on getting into now. I haven't made the phone call yet, but I think I'll be doing that soon.
reproag
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

BBRex said:

FYI found out last night no x plan is, as of now, for first year models (2021s) only and should be available of the 2022's
tk for tu juan
So I see a Bronco Sport showed up as "In Transit" in the inventory. When are these starting to show up on the lots?
FTAco07
AG
I've already seen one on the road. Tried to snap a picture, but I was driving so it was too blurry.
BBRex
AG
I decided to stay with my dealer here in Houston. The information I received said they would honor MSRP for reservations but would look at market pricing after that. The convenience factor combined with concerns about the group buy getting blown up by Ford made me change my mind.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FTAco07 said:

I've already seen one on the road. Tried to snap a picture, but I was driving so it was too blurry.

Was it the Bigfoot edition?
FTAco07
AG
It was a Sport so they don't have the Sasquatch option
FTAco07
AG
Here's the blurry evidence

DeWrecking Crew
Fair enough, but the Group deal isn't getting blown up...there has been no "advertising" below invoice. You can check their website, social media, forum sites...there's no mention of it, never has been. The other places like Granger were actively advertising it on their website, which is the apparent no-no. They are now allowing a second dealer switch, so if it does get blown up it'll be pretty easy to find a MSRP dealer. I fully expect the ride to get bumpy on the whole transaction, it is 2020 after all.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.