In search of 1999-2003 chevrolet silverado 4x4 or z71

4,285 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lb3
SquanchyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy y'all,

I'm looking to buy a used 1999-2003 chevrolet silverado 4x4. z71 or 4x4. anyone have anything they are looking to get rid of. mileage doesn't really matter, but would prefer something that runs.

PM me or email at username @ gmail if you have anything you're wanting to sell.
bam02
AG
SquanchyAg
ttt
ReloadAg
AG
Still regret trading Silverado in on a whim 13 years ago on a brand new F150 which turned out to be the biggest piece of crap vehicle I've ever owned. Will never buy another Ford again.
SquanchyAg
ReloadAg said:

Still regret trading Silverado in on a whim 13 years ago on a brand new F150 which turned out to be the biggest piece of crap vehicle I've ever owned. Will never buy another Ford again.
I hear ya. I have found a few, but people want a crazy price for a 1999 z71.
Flaith
AG
ReloadAg said:

Oh no, you might anger the auto board Ferd Herd

Better put on your pitchfork vest just in case
03_Aggie
Flaith said:

ReloadAg said:

Oh no, you might anger the auto board Ferd Herd

Better put on your pitchfork vest just in case

Maybe if it was his first time to post it. He manages to work it in all the time. Even when it's completely unrelated to the topic.
10andBOUNCE
AG
My best friend in high school had that generation Z71 and we had some good times. Random mudding excursions all the time. Another buddy had the 2 door Z71 Tahoe. I was jealous of both that is for sure.
SweaterVest
AG
I still have the '99 Z71 I bought in high school and she's still running strong as a ranch truck. That truck has been used and abused and still starts on the first try even with months of not driving. The odometer and speedometer no longer work but the last time it did she had 225k on the clock. I have many great memories in that truck and don't think I'll ever sell it. When the engine goes I'll drop another one in and hopefully keep it until my son is old enough to drive it down on the ranch.

I have nothing of value to add but good luck with your search!
prm2006
AG
Good luck! I'm searching for a 94-98 Z71, came across this post in my search. If anyone has one with decent miles (under 250k) and isn't asking a for a full bitcoin I'd be interested!
Pryce R. Marshall `06
Aledo, TX
SquanchyAg
prm2006 said:

Good luck! I'm searching for a 94-98 Z71, came across this post in my search. If anyone has one with decent miles (under 250k) and isn't asking a for a full bitcoin I'd be interested!
I'd take one of those year models too, but everyone I have seen that has that year range wants a CRAZY amount. guy wanted 10K for one.
AgEng06
AG
I saw a '96 single cab Z71... $12,500.
SquanchyAg
AgEng06 said:

I saw a '96 single cab Z71... $12,500.
just crazy. I know used trucks are selling like hotcakes right now, but that is insane. the best deal I can find is $6,500 for a 1999 z71, but I think that is too much.
SquanchyAg
still searching if anyone has one. let me know what you have and asking price.
Silvy
AG
Facebook Marketplace is your best bet at finding one. All you'll find here are dudes selling misfiring Ecoboosts
SquanchyAg
silverado_lover said:

Facebook Marketplace is your best bet at finding one. All you'll find here are dudes selling misfiring Ecoboosts
don't have facebook, but appreciate the tip. and you're probably right about the eco's. haha.
Silvy
AG
Where are you located?
Silvy
AG
Seems to be the cleanest one I found on a quick search around Houston.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/371397334153996/
SquanchyAg
silverado_lover said:

Where are you located?
I'm in Houston.
Silvy
AG
Here's another. Ad says no AC, shouldn't be too difficult or costly if you DIY.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2659237967659749/
SquanchyAg
just ttt'ing this. anything up through 2006 would be something I'm interested in. also looking for a 2wd silverado in those years for my nephew - let me know what you have for sale.
mountaindew
Aggieangler93
AG
My 2006 silverado died on me this weekend with 270k miles. I think the engine froze up, from my clattering lifter, finally. Anyone know a good mobile mechanic near Round Rock that can help me look at it? Edit to add...its real cheap if someone wants to put a crate motor in!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
George08
AG
Post a picture! Is it a z71?
Silvy
AG
If you have the time to do the work, an engine swap in a stock GMT800 is very easy. It'd be cheaper to buy hoist and torque wrenches than pay a mechanic to do the job.
Aggieangler93
AG
It's not a Z71. My main issue with doing the work, is I am in a neighborhood and don't have a place to keep the vehicle while I work on it. It's not without some minor issues also, as 270K will get you.

I am probably going to end up donating it to charity, if they will haul it off.
Silvy
AG
More details on truck? Would you happen to know the axle ratio?
Aggieangler93
AG
silverado_lover said:

More details on truck? Would you happen to know the axle ratio?
You want to email me at my username at gmail?

I can dig out details for you and send you some pics that way, if you like. I hate seeing it go, as it has been basically bullet proof for 265K miles or so. I am not sure the new V8s are as high quality. I have run this same powertrain in 3 or 4 vehicles that we have gotten over 225K miles in each one. (mostly silverados and tahoes)
Silvy
AG
La Fours
AG
Man, I miss my 06 Chevy.
The Fife
silverado_lover said:

Truck looks clean, did you just add another one to the fleet or is that an older pic? The headlights don't look 15 anyway.
Silvy
AG
Another in the fleet

Anyone looking for a cam/bolt-on '04?
Aggieangler93
AG
silverado_lover said:

This was my favorite truck so far. I hope I am as impressed with my next one. So glad it went to someone that will show me what he does to it!
Ag for Life
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

silverado_lover said:

This was my favorite truck so far. I hope I am as impressed with my next one. So glad it went to someone that will show me what he does to it!

Another successful texags hookup!
SquanchyAg
I'm looking to buy a used 1999-2003 chevrolet silverado 4x4. z71 or 4x4. anyone have anything they are looking to get rid of. mileage doesn't really matter, but would prefer something that runs.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.