New Tundra Tires

2,347 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgEng06
OXDL45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got some new tires today for the Tundra. Went with the Nitto Ridge Graplers 275x70xR18.

Anybody else running these? Was really close between these and the BFGs.

O'Doyle Rules
AG
Ive had them on my f150. They are fantastic tires, great purchase. Your setup is perfect.
OXDL45
AG
Good to hear that and thank you!
Mr. Dubi
How are they on the highway? They look like they might be a bit noisy.
OXDL45
AG
Didn't get on the highway or interstate today but hit 65-70 on one of the local arterials and they were not noisy at all. Should venture out tomorrow and can give some better feedback.
bam02
AG
No I don't have those. Thanks for asking.

Look good, though.
JAW3336
AG
I have Terra Grapplers in 35's on my truck and they aren't loud at all on the highway.

I really like them, they handle well even when towing.
bam02
AG
JAW3336 said:

I have Terra Grapplers in 35's on my truck and they aren't loud at all on the highway.

I really like them, they handle well even when towing.

Yeah I have the Terra Grappler 275/60r20 on my tundra. Really pleased with them. They replaced bfg ko2s. Those were great, too. These handle towing, loose sand, highway speeds, and rain very well.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Great choice!
matthewj042
Furlock Bones
AG
Ridge Grapplers are one of the best tires made today. Owner of Evo Mfg runs them on his off roading rigs.
aggiec05
AG
Love the look. I put some Goodyear Duratrac on mine and I really don't like them. I was looking at BFG KO2, Falken Wildpeak AT3, or the Terra Grapplers. Would love to know how much highway whine if any they have.
The duratrac have a lot of highway whine and ride too soft.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
These look great!

Interested in the question aggiec05 asked about highway whine. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on these for my F150 next week (supposedly Discount has an $80 rebate on a set starting on Monday the 17th). I'm trying to decide between the Terra or Ridge Grapplers.

OXDL45
AG
Thank you.
OXDL45
AG
So far I have had no highway whine at all. Really smooth and quiet and this is going on the interstate at about 75 MPH. Like them and the look, still amazed they are this quiet.
OXDL45
AG
There is an $80 rebate that is being offered at Discount Tire. I got the flyer for it and that is where I bought mine.

No highway whine in my experience. I think it depends on your preferred look. These look moderately aggressive but sound & handle like a regular AT tire.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
OXDL45 said:

So far I have had no highway whine at all. Really smooth and quiet and this is going on the interstate at about 75 MPH. Like them and the look, still amazed they are this quiet.

Crossing front tires to rear when rotating will ensure the most even wear and quietness
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Boro Ag 2000 said:

These look great!

Interested in the question aggiec05 asked about highway whine. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on these for my F150 next week (supposedly Discount has an $80 rebate on a set starting on Monday the 17th). I'm trying to decide between the Terra or Ridge Grapplers.

Terras get noisy as hell when they get some miles on them.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
Good to know. Thanks!
nealan
Just put some on my ram 2500 yesterday. 35x12.5
Really like them so far
OXDL45
AG
Nice!
atxaggie07
AG
If y'all had to pick between the OP's tires and the BFG AT KO2s, which would y'all go with?
-------------------------------------------------------
quote:
"Some people, when a certain team has a big year, they'll buy a jersey," he said. "OK, did you go there? No. Are you from Austin? No. Did you work there? No. Do you know anybody who worked there? No. Well, nice shirt, you know?"
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
atxaggie07 said:

If y'all had to pick between the OP's tires and the BFG AT KO2s, which would y'all go with?
RG all day.
GMM
How come?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Jonathan Taylor Thomas said:

How come?

They balance better. Ride better and have better longevity.

Catag will chime in on his issues with the KO2 he's had.
GMM
Interesting. I loved the KO2s I had on my Jeep for about 30K miles before I sold it.
Pahdz
I can't really speak to other issues because all I've ever had on my 2015 Tundra are KO's that came on it (the GST TSS add ons) and the KO2's I replaced those with at 85k miles.

As for longevity... I'm currently over 70k on the KO2's with no issues and they'll likely get me through one more Minnesota winter.

(I rotate mine every 5k)
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Pahdz said:

I can't really speak to other issues because all I've ever had on my 2015 Tundra are KO's that came on it (the GST TSS add ons) and the KO2's I replaced those with at 85k miles.

As for longevity... I'm currently over 70k on the KO2's with no issues and they'll likely get me through one more Minnesota winter.

(I rotate mine every 5k)
It seems like BFG is consistently inconsistent on their quality these days.

A lot of people like yourself are finding them great tires, and a lot of them are having hell with them.
AgEng06
AG
Does the new-ish KO2 DT change your thoughts? I'm considering KO2 DT or RGs for my next set on a 2500HD, in the next few weeks.

The main thing for me is that the DTs come with a 50k mileage warranty. The RGs do not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.