Question on turn signal

877 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chris1515
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Question for everyone here - I have a 2010 Toyota Sequoia, and the passenger side turn signal appears to be malfunctioning. I noticed when I used it while driving that the typical clicking sound was going much faster than normal. Once I was back in my driveway, I inspected everything and found that the turn signal bulb was burned out, so I replaced it.

Today, the damn thing is burned out again. When I inspected the bulb housing, I noticed that it appears to be scorched. I haven't compared it against its opposite number on the driver's side (which is working normally).

Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue? I'm taking it in tomorrow to the dealer for a diagnosis, which will run $80 unless I elect to have them repair the problem.
drumboy
AG
Get a new bulb housing.

I think this is what you need.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-90075-60060-Socket-Plug/dp/B00FZP7K7G
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Thanks.

That looks like a simple plug-in component. Not being a car guy, can it really be that simple?

I did just check the driver's side light and noticed the same scorching. I pulled the bulb out of the passenger side and re-seated it, and currently the dadgummed thing is functioning properly. I'm concerned about what might have caused the original bulb to come loose to the point that it triggered this rapid clicking, as I have never had to touch the bulb in the 6 years that I have owned this vehicle.
ccolley68
AG
Lights and light housings up until the last couple of years with all the wrap around LED stuff really are that simple. Especially taillights of a vehicle with a lift gate like that. Once you open the gate, the hardware is likely easily accessible nearby. That's how it usually is with truck tailgates and light access.
fixer
Need a new bulb

Had to do this on my tundra
OldArmyBrent
AG
Clearly the blinker is low on fluid.

And if the bulb keeps going out, check the housing to see if it's letting water in. Maybe just a bad bulb and you need to swap it one more time.
bam02
AG
drumboy said:

Get a new bulb housing.

I think this is what you need.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-90075-60060-Socket-Plug/dp/B00FZP7K7G

Yep this is exactly what I had to replace. Money well spent even though it must be a known Toyota problem.

OP I was doing the same thing... going nuts messing with turn signals. Front right went out so I changed both front bulbs. Then one or the other would be out every other day it seemed. Mine were also scorched black.

My neighbor kept laughing at me every time he'd see my hood up because he said his son just gave up on his tundra. Guess he just drives around without front turn signals.
chris1515
AG
I had an 05 4Runner and had the same problem. I never figured out how to fix it. Just kept changing the bulbs and a couple of fixtures.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.