Chevy 2500hd 6.6 gas

1,952 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by saltydog13
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone on here drive a Chevy/gmc with the new 6.6 gas engine? I'm moving up to 3/4 ton gas truck for towing a travel trailer and wanted to see if anyone had some insight or experience with one.
TSW2012
AG
I got it. Very happy coming out of a 6.7 power stroke. I'm getting 16-20mpg mostly highway 4x4 WT trim with the small wheels. I pulled my 32'GN with a small dozer on it. Pulls fine I won't be buying another diesel truck probably ever. I never had any issues with my diesel but between cost of getting the diesel plus maintenance doesn't make sense plus these new big gas motors make plenty of power. Also quiet.
saltydog13
AG
Yeah I'm looking for reliability and wasn't sure how the 6.6 was holding up. I know the old 6.0 was bulletproof.
C4D
AG
Picked one up today.
Custom

Really didn't like the look of the truck on internet pics. Saw it on the lot and blushed.

3.5 hours highway miles later. Im madly in love. Head over heels. Front end replacement Wednesday. Would post pic but not subscriber.
Silvy
AG
Imgur my dude
Billy Foster
AG
Would you guys mind sharing what sort of deals you got on which trim levels? I haven't seen too many on the lots around Austin.
TSW2012
AG
I paid 38k for crew cab 6.5bed 4x4 gas motor 2500. Only option is onstar, otherwise cloth seats rubber floors etc. Was right at the beginning of lockdown so I don't know how it compares to current.
saltydog13
AG
Silvy
AG
WHY IS 3rdcoast..(best coast) THE ONLY PERSON WHO FOLLOWS THE DAMN RULES
C4D
AG
Drive all the way out to Abilene/Anson/ snyder/ lamesa

They have some.

Call Lawrence Hall chevy in Anson. Ask for John Speer

Tell him a recent Aggie buyer sent yah

saltydog13
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.