Guess the repair cost

1,850 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dubi
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2019 Sante Fe Limited

******* hit directly on driver's side front wheel in my parking lot at work.

aggiepaintrain
AG
how did that happen ?

$3600
SA-AG72
AG
$4,300
Mookie
AG
$6800
dubi
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

how did that happen ?

$3600
T-boned in the General Services Building parking lot by a guy going 20+ mph. He did not yield ROW.

Bonus injuries too:

dubi
AG
Initial claim was sent in at $7,700 and that does not include any suspension parts behind the wheel that will be replaced after teardown. Strut is definitely damaged and likely more stuff.

I don't understand why that stuff is a supplemental claim. But I trust Doug at Classic Collision to make it new again.

Health wise I'm lucky he hit the front of my car and not my driver's door.
Cardiag
AG
Out of curiosity do you know the mechanism of injury that fractured just a single bone like that?

Hope your recovery goes well.
dubi
AG
Cardiag said:

Out of curiosity do you know the mechanism of injury that fractured just a single bone like that?

Hope your recovery goes well.

I was resting my right elbow on the console which is my normal habit. When I was hit, my hand flew forward and hit the gear shifter. We could see the imprint of the leather pattern in my hand that evening.

The middle finger is the longest metacarpal, so that one finger took all the impact.
Cardiag
AG
Interesting. That's an usual injury even being the longest. Usually when one is broken a neighbor gets broken as well. Other than the pinky metacarpal in a boxer's fracture. Best of luck. Looks like a good fix.
FCBlitz
Dubai....kinda wondering if you lost an accelerator button on your center console by the stick shift.
dubi
AG
FCBlitz said:

Dubai....kinda wondering if you lost an accelerator button on your center console by the stick shift.
Maybe I give you my button and bill ********'s insurance for a replacement!
dubi
AG
Cardiag said:

Interesting. That's an usual injury even being the longest. Usually when one is broken a neighbor gets broken as well. Other than the pinky metacarpal in a boxer's fracture. Best of luck. Looks like a good fix.
I'm glad it was only one finger. I'm already sick of having my right hand splinted and it is really itchy under the soft cast.

I begged the ortho to leave my index finger out so I can more effectively use a mouse when it quits hurting.

The Fife
$7,701
Pepper Brooks
AG
Make sure his carrier pays you for that injury. I'd be targeting $10k on top of medical.

I work in the insurance industry.
dubi
AG
The Fife said:

$7,701
The strut will cost more than $1....
DeWrecking Crew
Carol Baskin said:

Make sure his carrier pays you for that injury. I'd be targeting $10k on top of medical.

I work in the insurance industry.

User name definitely checks out
Jack Cheese
AG
I guess they could have set you up like this:
dubi
AG
Mr Dubi had a bullet jacket fragment in his middle finger and it tore a tendon.

So he decorated it every day for fun.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.