Clear bra and maybe ceramic paint protection north dallas

972 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Absolute
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about installing these to help protect my new to me q50's paint. Old g37 bumper and hood got absolutely chewed up over time.

Worth it? Recs for an installer?
txyaloo
AG
Stay away from the clear bra. They yellow with time and become impossible to remove as they age
fooz
I want to do paint correction and ceramic. Is scottwax still the go to?
Absolute
AG
His quote was pretty competitive. However he requires you to provide shade and at this time with the garage full of crap from moving I don't have a good reliable shade spot. So I was thinking of going somewhere else.

Hoping to get the garage situated soon, so maybe I can make it work.
SnowboardAg
AG
txyaloo said:

Stay away from the clear bra. They yellow with time and become impossible to remove as they age

I can speak from experience. Another 3 hours spent on it today. Based on my evaluation, I need another 30 hours to remove it. The irony in protecting your hood almost to the point where the cost benefit is to replace the hood.
Absolute
AG
Okay I'm convinced. Stay away from clear bra.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
txyaloo said:

Will echo this. Especially in our brutal summers. Mine looked awful after about 4 years. Then started cracking. Looked horrible by the time we got rid of that car. Will never have it again.
SnowboardAg
AG
I would recommend NOTHING - chances of the hood getting chewed up is minimal. If the bumper gets chewed up, pay for a new painted bumper for about $1k. The film crap I will NEVER do again. NEVER
Absolute
AG
SnowboardAg said:

I would recommend NOTHING - chances of the hood getting chewed up is minimal. If the bumper gets chewed up, pay for a new painted bumper for about $1k. The film crap I will NEVER do again. NEVER

Yeah that's what I was thinking too at this point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.