2019 Hyundai Sante Fe button replacement ?

1,003 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FCBlitz
FCBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Short story

Went to a new, local car wash place. The vacuum system was strong and while I was vacuuming the vehicle out it sucked out the button that actuates the feature of having the engine shut off momentarily while idling.

That button is only sold with the module at $180. Wow. Any thought about how I can get one cheaper than that?

redd38
AG
Is it plastic? 3d print?

Ask the car wash if they can get it out of the vacuum?
txyaloo
AG
redd38 said:

Is it plastic? 3d print?

Ask the car wash if they can get it out of the vacuum?
3d print would look like garbage on a new car.

I'd question why the button came off. I wouldn't think a vacuum would have enough suction to suck one off that wasn't defective. Is the car under warranty?
Mookie
AG
Edited I misinterpreted the OP
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Could you go ask the car wash to look through the vacuum collection and get the button back?
FCBlitz
Yes. I went directly to the "_Doesnt speak good English manager". She was not comfortable being.near me even with me wearing a mask.

The car wash vacuum had small cyclones and we checked there and found nothing. Trying to get her to discuss other areas were the trash will go was a no go. Hear English was pour. On Tuesday I called and the manager on duty said the vacuum out the system daily and dump In trash.

I have never felt so much suction in all my life.

I am hoping one of my friends in Korean can by one or I can find one that had been totaled. I don't know how to search For parts . Has anyone ever searched for an obscure part in a dump yard.

I did put plastic cover around the square Opening so the inside is protected. From dust or coffee.
redd38
AG
FCBlitz said:

Hear English was pour.
Picard
AG
Sounds like a warranty item to me

dubi
AG
Picard said:

Sounds like a warranty item to me

Agree

A vacuum should not have removed the button.
FCBlitz
I will give that a shot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.