Houston area Benzo Service Recs | Dealer-preferred

820 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by sts7049
kansas02gt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Just picked up a '19 GLC 63 with 10k mi.

Looks like it never had the rear diff changed, nor has it had any other service (per Carfax, but need to call dealer to verify).

Between West Houston Mercedes and Star, which one would you choose? Looking for a long-term relationship.

Live in the heights and work at City Center, so no Woodlands or any of that far away stuff please. k thx.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Talk to Mark at Heights Autohaus.

Tell him I sent you.
kansas02gt
AG
will it hurt/do anything to the warranty?
Also prefer loaner, but can get over it easily if its cheaper with same/better quality as dealer.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
kansas02gt said:

will it hurt/do anything to the warranty?
Also prefer loaner, but can get over it easily if its cheaper with same/better quality as dealer.
Nope.

As long as you have proof, they shouldn't give you any hell.

I've known Mark for 25 years.

He's a good guy and knows what he's doing.

He also owns an AMG car himself, along with other toys.

Jack Cheese
AG
My boss purchased and serviced at Star and has NOTHING good to say about them. Some of it may be that it seemed Mercedes has a crappy CPO program but I was shocked at what he had to pay for during the "warranty" period.
kansas02gt
AG
Yeah they have random service groups (like A, B, etc), and I wasn't impressed with the CPO enough to find a car with it included. Plus I go through cars every two to three years anyway so I doubt Ill have it past the warranty period.

I had my Volvo serviced at Star and the most annoying thing was the lack of true loaners...you had to go thru the Enterprise office and it took 20 min or more each time for both pickup and dropoff.
Heights Ag 06
AG
Might be a bit far (though not much beyond City Centre), but I would highly recommend Sewell Mercedes. We take my wife's GLS there and they are fantastic - always have a nice loaner car waiting and even help her install and uninstall the baby seats. Also, Sewell seems to be full of Ags.
agnerd
AG
I liked Star way more than the one on 59. Haven't had service yet at I-10, but their parts department was better than either star or 59. I'll be trying out 1ags place next time I need service.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agnerd said:

I liked Star way more than the one on 59. Haven't had service yet at I-10, but their parts department was better than either star or 59. I'll be trying out 1ags place next time I need service.
59 Sugarland or 59 Greenway?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
That's the only MB store in Houston with loaners on demand. Hear they're great
kansas02gt
AG
Cool. That's the West Houston one I was looking at...

Also Sewell used to recruit from industrial distribution, car club, and some of the business school for their interns and FT hires (had to go through "Sewell school" at beginning of hire too). Not sure if all that still holds true...

Ill call your boy 1ags and see how much it will compare to west Houston most likely bending me over (just cause they are a dealer). Will keep y'all posted.

kansas02gt
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

orly?

So do you get a loaner of same or more HP? Asking for a friend...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
kansas02gt said:

TitanAGGIE09 said:

orly?

So do you get a loaner of same or more HP? Asking for a friend...
Homeboy works there....

Enjoy your 2.0T GLC300 loaner.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Unfortunately for you my friend less.. shoot me an email if you need someone to reach out regarding warranty or service work.

shays@sewell.com
BarryProfit
Ronnie Jackson
sts7049
AG
first, rappy. now benzo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.