Rotella Gas oil on clearance at AAP

2,632 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tlh3842
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10.49 for 5 qt jugs. It's a great oil at a great deal !
DeWrecking Crew
Thanks for leaving us some...
Furlock Bones
AG
damn that's good deal!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

This is the first store I went to today haha
Ag for Life
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

How many stops do you have planned?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Ag for Life said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

Well , I took the truck, sooooo
Aggietaco
AG
Not enough available locally to worry about making the trip for my yearly oil change in the Tundra. Thanks for the heads up though.
txyaloo
AG
Too bad RMN25 doesn't work with it.

Bought 10 5qt jugs. $103 out the door
EMY92
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Ag for Life said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

Well , I took the truck, sooooo
If you get into a wreck, how long will it take the hazmat team to clean up the scene?
Ag for Life
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

So I've always used Mobil 1, would you say this is just as good? This is a heck of a deal so I'm probably going to jump on it either way for my fleet.
DeWrecking Crew
Don't go to the store in Bryan, just got the last 9
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Ag for Life said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

So I've always used Mobil 1, would you say this is just as good? This is a heck of a deal so I'm probably going to jump on it either way for my fleet.

I believe most stuff out there is great for daily drivers. You can't go wrong. Even Walmart super tech synthetic.

For this price you can't go wrong. And it meets Dexos for GM products.
Flaith
AG
is this at all AAPs? Might jump in the car and go check it out since I'm up for an oil change on at least one of my vehicles
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Flaith said:

is this at all AAPs? Might jump in the car and go check it out since I'm up for an oil change on at least one of my vehicles

Yup. Walmart is clearing theirs out too.
My understanding is that they're discontinuing it.
DeWrecking Crew
Yes, in-store only, I tried to order online with free shipping, no dice.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Yes, in-store only, I tried to order online with free shipping, no dice.

You can order online and pick up in stores, which is what I did last night.
Ag for Life
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Ag for Life said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I believe most stuff out there is great for daily drivers. You can't go wrong. Even Walmart super tech synthetic.

Sounds good! Realized I had $10 in speed perks too so 42 quarts of full synthetic for $78.30, score!!
robertcope
May also be getting rid of the API SN product. I believe API SP is rolling out. Gotta make room on the shelves.
Furlock Bones
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Ag for Life said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

also meets Chrysler MS-6395 for the Heeps out there. stocked up on 5w-20 for the Heep and a few for the old truck.
Flaith
AG
How does this compare to Rotella T6? That's what I've been using in my XJ and my VeeDub for years
tailgatetimer10
AG
I assume this is at any advanced auto?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Flaith said:

How does this compare to Rotella T6? That's what I've been using in my XJ and my VeeDub for years
T6 is a HDEO CK4 Engine oil.

This is targeted towards gas engines.

I think it would be pretty good against the T6 in a gasser application.
Chrundle the Great
AG
The one day I choose to actually do work instead of read Texags all day and I miss out on this psa
FC12
In 0w-20 there wasn't 5qt jugs but they still had the 1qts at $2.50...so I bought 6 in store and the counter guy ordered me 33 more from Houston....so basically 6 oil changes for me at $106.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
FC12 said:

In 0w-20 there wasn't 5qt jugs but they still had the 1qts at $2.50...so I bought 6 in store and the counter guy ordered me 33 more from Houston....so basically 6 oil changes for me at $106.

Win.

For S&G the other day, I called the local Honda dealer for a price for an oil change. 70.00 plus tax and disposal. I almost fell out of my chair.
FC12
Thank you for letting us know of this deal. I've passed it on to a couple of my buddies here in DFW. If your store is out of stock, ask them to check stock from the main distribution hub in Houston. At last check this evening there were still about 400 singles of 0W-20 in Houston. They added on $6 for shipping of the 33 I ordered which was perfectly fine to me.
03_Aggie
Chrundle the Great said:

The one day I choose to actually do work instead of read Texags all day and I miss out on this psa

I know somewhere that has a lot "in stock".......
Jack Cheese
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

FC12 said:

Win.

For S&G the other day, I called the local Honda dealer for a price for an oil change. 70.00 plus tax and disposal. I almost fell out of my chair.

Yeah but that's a DEALER oil change
87IE
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 5 jugs last night and picked them up this morning
MTTANK
AG
Still seems to be good stock of this oil around. I ordered 5 5qt jugs and 10 individual quarts last night and picked them up this morning in College Station. Before I left I noticed a large table labeled 90% off prices as marked. Bought about 8 5 qt jugs of various synthetic oils for $3 each! Also bought three 5qt marine 2 cycle synthetic blend oil jugs for $2 each! Called my dad and he was able to order some online and pick them up in store in Killeen as well. Thanks 1ag!
GIG 'EM
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
MTTANK said:

Still seems to be good stock of this oil around. I ordered 5 5qt jugs and 10 individual quarts last night and picked them up this morning in College Station. Before I left I noticed a large table labeled 90% off prices as marked. Bought about 8 5 qt jugs of various synthetic oils for $3 each! Also bought three 5qt marine 2 cycle synthetic blend oil jugs for $2 each! Called my dad and he was able to order some online and pick them up in store in Killeen as well. Thanks 1ag!
mm98
AG
MTTANK said:

Once 1ags wipes out Katy, Cypress, and Navasota, he'll head that way.
frankm01
If you're running with a synthetic blend or regular oil, do you have to do anything special to change to full synthetic?
Chrundle the Great
AG
Nope
frankm01
Thanks. Makes sense. I seem to remember a local radio car show host made a big deal years ago about the process of changing over. (Mid cycle filter changes, etc). I didn't think it made a difference.

Appreciate the info.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.