2020 Chevrolet 3.0 Duramax

9,581 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigNastyNate
VictoriaAg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought a 2021 AT4 with the 3.0. Its pretty legit so far. 26 MPG on the highway with the lift and oversized tires.
Grown Pear
AG
VictoriaAg01 said:

I just bought a 2021 AT4 with the 3.0. Its pretty legit so far. 26 MPG on the highway with the lift and oversized tires.

Pics or it didn't happen! The AT4's look great.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Grown Pear said:

Checking back in on how you're still liking your truck!

Also, I keep thinking about your front Ranch Hand. I'm struggling/debating with myself if I should get the full bumper replacement or just the grill guard or nothing at all yet. And it's hard to find many good pictures online for the '20 1500

Would you mind posting some more pictures of the front end. Like dead on looking right at it and some more from the side or angle? Thanks!

8400 miles. Still love it. Lifetime average 26mpg hand calculated via an app. The front end has a little bounce in it and I've read that's due to the rancho shocks on the Z71 package. My RanchHand stuff is still flawless as it should be. I'll try to remember to get more pics this week.

My only real complaint not already stated above is the dad gum apple car play. Sometimes it wont work at all and then the next trip it's flawless. Cant figure it out. I have two cell phones and try both so I know it's the truck and not the phone.
VictoriaAg01
AG
Sorry it wont let me post a pic
GentrysMillTX10
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

Grown Pear said:

Also, I keep thinking about your front Ranch Hand. I'm struggling/debating with myself if I should get the full bumper replacement or just the grill guard or nothing at all yet. And it's hard to find many good pictures online for the '20 1500

Would you mind posting some more pictures of the front end. Like dead on looking right at it and some more from the side or angle? Thanks!

8400 miles. Still love it. Lifetime average 26mpg hand calculated via an app. The front end has a little bounce in it and I've read that's due to the rancho shocks on the Z71 package. My RanchHand stuff is still flawless as it should be. I'll try to remember to get more pics this week.

My only real complaint not already stated above is the dad gum apple car play. Sometimes it wont work at all and then the next trip it's flawless. Cant figure it out. I have two cell phones and try both so I know it's the truck and not the phone.

Grown Pear
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

Grown Pear said:

Thanks for the pics!!

I feel the same about mine. I'm over 20k miles now and just as happy with it as I was week 1. Agree on the rancho shocks, too bouncy. I'm not really a fan of Apple car play either. My wife hates we have to use Apple Maps for the navigation bc she likes google directions better.
tk for tu juan
Google Maps and Waze work with Apple CarPlay
Cloud
As mentioned, you can use google maps with CarPlay. However, Apple Maps has come a very long way over the years. I use Apple Maps without issue.
Grown Pear
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Google Maps and Waze work with Apple CarPlay

Whaaaatt. This would be amazing. I gotta look into this tomorrow. Because when I plug my phone in and it's on Apple CarPlay, I put google directions on and it's only on my phone. It doesn't got to the navigation screen
GentrysMillTX10
AG
I'm a Waze commuter and go whatever route it takes me to get to work...via CarPlay. That's why it really pisses me off when CarPlay doesn't work!
Grown Pear
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

I'm a Waze commuter and go whatever route it takes me to get to work...via CarPlay. That's why it really pisses me off when CarPlay doesn't work!

I'm going to use Waze more. I really like it I just forget about it.

Other complaints I have about my 1500:
- cup holders are too small (I have the front 40/20/40 bench)
- don't have the sunglasses holder up in the overhead anymore. There's space to have one there and it's so convenient.

Lol
tk for tu juan
Usually can find it on the second page of the CarPlay screen (swipe left).

On my Mustang I can never get CarPlay to work when sitting in the garage and the car is connected to the home wifi. Once I drive away from the house, park, turn off the car, and then restart it works just fine.
ColtSAA.45
I've seen this post a bunch googling about this specific bumper. I am interested in how you got this bumper to work on your truck? The bumper on ranch hand's website states "will not work with diesel models". I am looking to get this specific bumper but am worried it won't work on my 3.0 duramax. Calling ranch hand, they said it would not work, so I am very interested in how you got it done?
AquaCasaAg
AG
His email is listed in the post below if you want to reach out and ask:

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3237963/replies/60427221#60427221
BigNastyNate
AG
The place that sold the bumper appears to have their decal on the bumper… could call them as they likely installed it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.