Certified vs Non certified pre-owned?

1,202 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I don't buy a certified pre-owned vehicle, should I purchase an extended warranty?
Mookie
AG
Depends on the brand. If your user name checks out I would definitely get an extended warranty
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I fully admit there are times when extended warranties are well worth it. But vastly more where they aren't. Dealers love to sell extended warranties because they make money.

If the warranty is some thing you feel is important go for it. But I absolutely wouldn't pass up a good deal because of a lack of one.
vansprinkle
AG
Seems like the extra cost for a CPO car is similar to an extended warranty. Typically you receive better benefits with CPO and you're using the manufacturer warranty vs a third parties.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Toyota? Hell no
BMW? Hell yes.

Somewhere between? It depends.

I went CPO on a Mazda CX-5 for wife's peace of mind. I wouldn't do it again. A waste of about $1,500
lb3
AG
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
lb3 said:

A certified pre-owned vehicle is an extended warranty. Nothing more. If a dealer is selling a vehicle certified, they will usually also sell the vehicle un-certified for an additional discount. The pre-sale inspections and maintenance were already done so enjoy the ride and save a few bucks.
Said perfectly.

3K more for peace of mind, loaner cars (but you could also get a warranty that includes rental car coverage), etc.

Or you could save 3 grand in a savings account and cover repairs and rentals/uber.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.