Roadmaster Active Suspension

1,160 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mm98
DeWrecking Crew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They claim to cure a lot of the ills associated with the light rear ends on the F-150, anybody using these?

https://activesuspension.com/products/kits/2015-2016-ford-f-150/

AgToadie
No experience with this package, but all my wheel hop issues went away when I put Bilstein 5100s on the rear of my F150. Cheaper than Roadmaster too.
DeWrecking Crew
I'll be occasionally towing a heavy Toy Hauler so I'm going to give it a try (also installing 5100s), so hopefully I'll be good to go
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
5100s usually cure it all.

I put them on all mine.

DeWrecking Crew
The RAS came in this week along with the 5100s, so I put all 4 5100's in took it for a test drive and they do indeed help with the wheel hop. Came back from the test drive and installed the RAS, and took it for another spin and here's my review. But first, I should point out I bought them in lieu of air bags for pulling a heavy toy hauler. The reviews were that when unloaded it didn't effect the drive that much, while loaded it allowed you 40% more hitch weight.

I'll start off by saying there is a slight driving difference when unloaded, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. The best way to describe it is it feels like a "sport mode". Everything is a little stiffer. It does a really nice job of eliminating body roll in corners (very pleased). And the best thing I can report is it completely eliminates any axle wrap when you nail the accelerator to the floor from a stand still. In terms of when it is loaded, I didn't take it for a drive but I did put the TT on the hitch, and I'm super impressed with the lack of squat. It essentially turned my F150 into an F250 in that respect. I've got both and the squat is about the same now. All in all, I'm really impressed with these things. If you don't mind a "sporty" type feel I wouldn't hesitate getting these things. The 5100s and the RAS has turned out to be a really nice combo.

If you're thinking about air bags for any reason give these things a look.
lawless89
This is perfect. Been looking for something like this. After I put 5100s on my F-150 with leveling it out, anytime I have over 5-600 pounds, it squats pretty bad. This should help significantly.
Silvy
AG
No wood panel wagons to be seen in this thread
Complete Idiot
I used RAS on a Nissan Titan and on a Ford Excursion, really liked the system if towing a trailer and wanting some good for daily driving too - no adjustments like with airbags.
bco2003
AG
silverado_lover said:

No wood panel wagons to be seen in this thread
My first thought when I saw the thread title too...

mm98
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

5100s usually cure it all.

I put them on all mine.

Wish they'd hurry up and make a set for my 2019 Silverado.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.