Joined the white boost club today

2,206 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DeWrecking Crew
DeWrecking Crew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a secret handshake I should be aware of. No Rule 1 because you've seen 100 of them on this site alone.

But down to the real reason for the post. Anybody have a line on where to get a floor center console? Mine came with the center jump seat console combo and I want to swap it out before getting some Katskinz installed.
Bregxit
AG
Mine came with a floor center console.

DeWrecking Crew
Nice!!! I like that interior color. I'm going start my Katskinz design from that and see where it goes....but first I have to figure out this Ford Pass thing
ttha_aggie_09
AG
First rule about the white boost club is you don't talk about the white boost club
PFG
AG
Oh to live in a neighborhood where you compare your St. Augustine to your neighbor, back your white boots Platy in the driveway, and hope to get the wife drunk and get lucky.

G Bless America
fooz
Welcome to the club.
Leeman
When do you plan to put a LS in it ?

;-)
DeWrecking Crew
So here's what I've got on order thus far. First and foremost, a center console. I'm removing the jumpseat and installing the console. The jumpseat has a psuedo function as a console, but it sits too high to comfortable serve as an arm rest, it has a cup holder, but to get to any storage, you have to lift up the seat, and then lift the storage lid, so it's got to go. I'm unsure of the wiring harness needed (if any) so that will be a few hours of cussing I'm sure, not to mention hooking up the air ducts (hopefully all that crap is included). Husky rear well liners. DeeZee Tailgate assist. Driver side back seat latch to get behind the back seat (I have no idea why they don't allow that from factory). A 14" antenna to replace the monstrosity it came with. Tailgate letter inserts. Weathertech floor liners. Oil catch can. Forescan USB dongle. Backseat underseat storage organizer. Raptor/ Tremor running boards.

Next up, and the reason for the post, I'm ordering a bed cover and trying to decide on which one, and found this article that basically states a soft cover will improve your gas mileage, while a hard cover decreases mpg.

https://truckbedguide.com/can-truck-cover-increase-gas-mileage/

But I like the security of a hard cover (I'm under no delusions that any bed cover is truley secure). But an icrease in 10-12%, if accurate, has got my attention. I thought this was a myth that had been busted long ago, but I'm wondering now if the myth busted was based on hard top covers? What says the AB?

After I get all that installed, I'll tackle the suspension, and get the Gearhead tune. Then Katskinz and Ceramic window tint after that.
Bregxit
AG
The reasons stated in that blog about saving gas have all been busted in the past. It is basically a moot point with tonneaus coming in a bit worse due to weight....and by worse it was some ridiculously small percentage which could have been within margin of error.
DeWrecking Crew
Right, I thought they had been busted too...but the article is basically saying that the light weight soft covers do actually give a 10-12% increase in MPG, which is why I'm wondering if the "busted" myths all revolved around the heavier hard covers?
Bregxit
AG
No it makes no difference. The theory was that covers reduce the drag of the airflow but in reality all covers increase drag slightly but not enough to make a noticeable difference. The only thing that was found to actually slightly reduce drag were the tailgate net replacements but again the difference was negligible.
cityagboy
AG
Think about the underseat storage. It is really nice to lift up the back seat and have a flat surface in the back. That will go away.
Whoop Delecto
AG
DeWrecking Crew
Yep, they bolt right up. Word of warning, they're going to stick out about 1.5 inches further than all the other trim on the truck. Let me know if you don't get them (and send me a link please) as I don't mind canceling my order and getting some take-offs to save some dough. Another word of warning, they say Raptor on them, the Tremor versions say Ford (which is my preference), but for the price I don't mind it saying Raptor.
Whoop Delecto
AG
DeWrecking Crew
Thanks a bunch, I don't have FB, but was able to use my wife's account to message him, and I snapped them up, saved me a few hundred bucks! Thanks a bunch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.