Used tires?

1,704 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by will.mcg
rebel 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to replace at least 2 tires, if not all 4. Currently have BFG KO2's but will probably be getting a new vehicle in the not too distant future and don't really want to drop almost 1k for a new set.

Any suggestions on places in the Houston/Heights area to find some decent used tires?

Current set is 265/75R16
Silvy
AG
Call around to local DTC
rebel 02
AG
Thanks!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Plenty of spots up on north Shepard. Excuse me, North Chepard. Probably will take you several stops to find what you want. Don't forget to look at your spare. It might be in good enough shape to put on, then you just have to buy and match 1.
drumboy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Plenty of spots up on north Shepard. Excuse me, North Chepard. Probably will take you several stops to find what you want. Don't forget to look at your spare. It might be in good enough shape to put on, then you just have to buy and match 1.
And Durham. I got a matching tire at the spot at the light at 19th or 20th built onto the crappy apartments for $60 installed.
rebel 02
AG
Appreciate it all!

Called a couple discounts around here, didn't have any used. Made an appt for Tuesday for some cheap Corsa a/t's, but will definitely cruise up Shepard/Durham to check for any matches.

And yeah, my spare is in pretty bad shape too, it's probably the original spare on an '04 and only been used once or twice.
rebel 02
AG
Was able to pick up a couple used KO2's at David's tire shop, corner of Durham/25th.

Thanks again!
'03ag
I've been happy with bestusedtires.com a few times.
Naveronski
AG
Y'all need to learn about the wonderful Mexican tire shops.

Hole in the sidewall?
Used tires?
Too old for Discount to mount?
The amigos have you covered.

They also sell used tires, and many speak English.

That said, the price is lower when you can negotiate in Spanish and pay cash.
MouthBQ98
AG
Watch out for tire age and dry rot. I've bought used before but you have to be careful. If it's over 5-7 years you're getting sketchy regardless of condition.

#### 1-2 is week, 3-4 is year
Strongwind86
AG
A lot of truth here... always check the dates.

The "international" used tire shops use a lot of tire shine.... like putting lips stick on a pig....
Dr. Nefario
eBay. There's a seller called unitedtires that has lots of inventory, free shipping, and will tell you the date code if you ask (many eBay sellers won't). I've bought several tires from them and never had a problem. They also have over 91k reviews and 100% positive feedback.
PincheDriller
AG
I don't take offense being brown and all but it's true. I got a new set of Michelin LTXs for my F150 $800 cash OTD. Plus sold my old Hankooks for $40 to the shop. Plus got a beer while waiting.
will.mcg
AG
I once pulled into such a tire shop for some trailer tires when I happened to have a floor jack & electric impact. I took off one side of tires while the fellow did the other...it earned me some laughs & a small discount.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.