2015 Tahoe Bench seat question

998 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently we have second row captains chairs. With the arrival of our third daughter we would like to change to a bench for better storage with 3 car seats.
Stupid question. Can I buy a bench and remove captain chairs and install?

Flame away
Roger350
AG
You probably can, but it would be best to see if you can look at someone's Tahoe from the same model generation that has the 60/4o split bench to make sure the mounting points in the floor are the same. I suspect they are, but I'd confirm that before looking for used 60/40 benches.

I have the previous generation Tahoe 2007-2013? with the split bench, and just for your information, GM did not put LATCH attach points for three across. If you need 3 across car seats you'll have to attach one of the seats the old fashion way, unless they changed that in your generation, which they may have.

Sorry I can't be of more use, but I think you'll be able to do what you want, but it may cost more and be less pratical (because of the LATCH issue) than you're hoping.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Thanks, trying to find a reason not to buy a new suv.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Anyone with a 2015-2019 Tahoe with grey "leather" bench seat want to trade for 2nd row captains chairs?
The Fife
Seat for sale
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
After a lot of looking, trying to trade, I went this route....I bought black 'new' seats out of a police vehicle for a Yukon and put Caltrend covers (the I can't believ it's not leather ones, we had gray trim). It was great functionally and covered well even with car seats removed, couldn't tell at a glance for sure.

Good luck, particularly if you find a Tahoe/Yukon forum that has trade.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yea that's the exact one I need but wrong color
'03ag
I'm assuming since this is your 3rd, the oldest is close to buckling themselves in a high back booster soon?

I think you may find they prefer to be in the 3rd row alone anyway. This is what a few of my friends with 3 kids did.
Aggieangler93
AG
How many miles on that 2015 Hoe?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
80ish
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Post on a Tahoe forum. Lots of people would trade with you. Maybe even toss you some cash for the swap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.