Trek Strategy - Interstate Batteries Deals for May

2,871 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Trek Strategy
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Howdy Automotive Board!

I hope that everyone has been staying safe and weathering the COVID storm in good health.
Trying to get inventory into Amazon for the past 7 weeks has been challenging. They have capped our inbound quantities and even refused to order some products.

I promised a few on this board some deals on sealed lead acid batteries back in late March and I've been trying to get a deal launched for the last 3 weeks. I know that for some of you, boat, RV, and ATV season is upon you. Unfortunately, there is not enough inventory, plus Amazon has halted the ability to run deals on the SLA batteries. I will run a promo as soon as I am available to do so and we have inventory. In the meantime, know that our prices on Amazon are already 15%-20% below Interstate's list price, so if you really need to buy, you can find those batteries HERE. You can still get these batteries in 2 days or less with your prime membership.

With all that said, I do have some deals for you today on other products, so let's get into those!
If you are new to the board and are wondering what this is all about, go read my first deal post HERE.

Here is how it works:
I'll post some products here along with a discount code or voucher that I've created just for Texags. I will share the details of the promotion with you, then you buy whatever you want. Please write a product review by giving your honest feedback about each product and please don't mention that you got a discount on the product. If you want, you can PM me if you want to share something that you don't want to put on the board. Also, if you share product videos or pictures by uploading them to Amazon, it would be much appreciated. Oh and don't share the promo code or I'll have to kill the promo!

If you are a social media influencer and that is your thing, PM me and we can talk about how I can create something specifically for you.

If you are a business and want to make a bulk buy ($1K+), or an ongoing buy, also PM me and I can setup a program from within Amazon just for you.

Without further ado, this month's products come to you from Interstate Batteries. Interstate has been around forever, and I'm helping them launch their Amazon business. We're starting with household products and working our way up to powersports, etc.

Promotion Details -

This promotion lasts until 5/22. You can buy any of the products below and you can buy as many as you want, even come back in a few weeks and use the code again. You get 30% off any of these items in your cart if you buy one to four items, and if you buy at least five, you get 40% off all the items in your cart from the below list. The Promo Code is: TEXAGSMAY20 - Don't share this promo code outside of this board.

CR123A Lithium Batteries - 3V 1.55AH Lithium 40 Pack

Charge and Go 12V Lithium Portable Jump Starter and Battery Charger

AAA All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 24 Pack

C All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 12 Pack

Interstate Batteries AA Rechargeable Batteries - High Capacity (2500 mAh NIMH AA Battery) 4 Pack - 1.2V (NIC1460)

Interstate Batteries Power Patrol 3V CR2 Batteries 10 Pack (PHO0210A)

Interstate Batteries D Cell Batteries Alkaline Battery 12 Pack - Workaholic (DRY0085)

Happy shopping and feel free to send me feedback!

Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
'03ag
Jump starter is tempting.

Promo code doesn't seem to be working for me. Might be user error.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
'03ag said:

Jump starter is tempting.

Promo code doesn't seem to be working for me. Might be user error.
'03ag, thanks for catching that. There was a digit off on the promo which I'm fixing, I'll come back in a few minutes when it's fixed.

Edit: I'm creating a shadow code which will work in a few hours. I'll PM you when it's live and I've tested it.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Just curious, are all these products engineered and manufactured by Interstate or just labeled by interstate?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
OK, promo code is working for the jump starter and all other products. What do you guys think of the deals? Anything else, besides SLA, that you would like to have seen?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Just curious, are all these products engineered and manufactured by Interstate or just labeled by interstate?
Hey! We got a similar question yesterday, so forgive the canned nature of this response, but here you go!

"Interstate has a long heritage of business in the U.S. dating back 65+ years and we are committed to maintaining a strong manufacturing and business operating presence in our home country. Currently, more than 90% of our main product lines (automotive and other vehicle-based batteries) are U.S.-made products. As Interstate has expanded its business in the household battery category, we have explored a number of avenues to manufacture these products in the U.S. However, we must sometimes source from global manufacturers to meet the supply and demand of our trusted customers. Interstate is steadfast in our commitment to supporting American manufacturing and job growth, and we are continually looking for ways to bring more production to the U.S."

In addition, Interstate is not a manufacturer, but a brand and a distributor, and a recycler. Currently they are only 2-3 manufacturers in the US for automotive batteries, but you probably wouldn't recognize the names. They do have a heavy engineering fingerprint on the products they sell, however. Clear as mud? This industry is weird.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Quote:

Currently they are only 2-3 manufacturers in the US for automotive batteries, but you probably wouldn't recognize the names. They do have a heavy engineering fingerprint on the products they sell, however. Clear as mud? This industry is weird.
Johnson Controls

Exide

EastPenn

and?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Quote:

Currently they are only 2-3 manufacturers in the US for automotive batteries, but you probably wouldn't recognize the names. They do have a heavy engineering fingerprint on the products they sell, however. Clear as mud? This industry is weird.
Johnson Controls

Exide

EastPenn

and?
Nailed it! Are you in the industry?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Trek Strategy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Quote:

Johnson Controls

Exide

EastPenn

and?
Nailed it! Are you in the industry?
Not directly....
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
FYI - I'm adding D batteries to the promo in the OP as I got a few requests for that.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Good news for the future... I am now able to do coupons on the SLA batteries! Stay tuned.
bloom
Great deal for anyone with Arlo wireless security cameras. The CR123 are hard to find in stores and can be overpriced. Thanks for the deal!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
bloom said:

Great deal for anyone with Arlo wireless security cameras. The CR123 are hard to find in stores and can be overpriced. Thanks for the deal!
Thanks Bloom, the CR123's have been a big hit for us. Great qty at a great price.

Any other feedback from anyone else? Deals run through this week.
RebelE91
AG

The promo code doesn't seem to be working for the rechargeable AA batteries.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
RebelE91 said:

The promo code doesn't seem to be working for the rechargeable AA batteries.
I just tried it and I could see the $3.60 discount applied. Could you check again?
RebelE91
AG
Yeah, I just figured out it was my second application for the day. I had just bought something and came back a second time
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Quick public service announcement - This promo ends at midnight tonight!

Please, please, please, if you have purchased a product but have not written a review on Amazon, please do so today!

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Poll time...

I'm working on the next promo for June that I could launch in the next 10 days or so. One of my other clients is Pederson's Farms, a meat producer in Hamilton, TX. We've been building out their Amazon assortment and now have 10 packs of bacon, kielbasa, other link sausages, breakfast sausage, chorizo (all ten packs), and even some half hams (single unit).

If we did a free shipping promotion (cause shipping frozen meat is crazy expensive) and the price was about what you'd pay in a store but you get a bulk pack delivered for free, would you buy?

If you would say it's likely, just star this post. If you'd rather me just give more battery deals, then how about one person respond and you star that post?

Thanks everyone!
cohibasymas
AG
Ordered the jump booster, one 24 pack AA, and one 24 pack AAA. Been wanting a booster for awhile eager to have it thank you!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I just noticed that interstate doesn't offer online manuals for their chargers.

12V1000 automatic charger has no info on their website.

Do they plan on offering it?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I just noticed that interstate doesn't offer online manuals for their chargers.

12V1000 automatic charger has no info on their website.

Do they plan on offering it?
Are you talking about the trickle charger or the jump starter?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The trickle charger aka "powersports charger"
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

The trickle charger aka "powersports charger"
I found out that we are able to upload the user manual, which I just did, but only Amazon Business customers can see the documents supposedly.

By the way, it looks like they are taking away this ability sometime this month, and plan to allow us to do it another way later this year.

Thanks for the question.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys, I have a couple of one off deals to share with you over the next week or so. I will be doing a larger deal on more items in July, but wanted to send these over to you while they are happening.

This one is for the 12V 110AH deep cycle battery and we finally have some in stock! Just clip the coupon on the page to save $60.

https://www.amazon.com/Interstate-Batteries-DCM0100-SEALED-BATTERY/dp/B00YB26RYG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dcm0100&qid=1592599838&sr=8-1
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
OK, so there is a lightning deal on both the 1000a and 650a jump starters for the next couple of hours. $79 and $59, respectively. For those of you that missed out, here you go!

https://www.amazon.com/INTERSTATE-CHARGE-PWR7020-STARTER-CHARGER/dp/B07NPX1T51/ref=sr_1_86?dchild=1&keywords=battery+jump+starter&qid=1592832072&smid=A28SMI6S8ZG252&sr=8-86

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
I got another promo for you guys today. I'm leaving town in a couple of hours, so I have to get this out to you now. When you read this, do me a favor and reply to keep it bumped up so more people will see it in the next few hours.

Our most popular deep cycle battery is going to be on sale this evening, starting at 7:05pm CST. Click this link to get this battery for $69 on an Amazon lightning deal. This is a very popular battery for wheelchairs and scooters, trolling motors, solar energy storage, and mowers. Note: This is NOT a car battery or golf cart battery.

Last but not least, please give us a fair review on Amazon!

Interstate Batteries 12V 35AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) AGM Deep Cycle Battery (DCM0035) Insert Terminals
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.