Discount Tire

2,361 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by el_scorcho
TSUAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Getting tires replaced on my trailer this morning and I'm the only one in this place. First time I've ever seen this store not be busy as hell.
Cassius
People are absolutely panicked out of their minds.

Chik fil A was practically empty yesterday. That's end of world stuff.
Aggieangler93
AG
I called discount to do a rotation and balance, and they aren't doing that during the pandemic. I need to call another location. Looks like this is a corporate decision based on the Kung flu. They are only doing emergency services, which I guess means selling tires or fixing flats? Maybe? Hell....don't ask me.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
AustinCountyAg
So only doing stuff which requires you to pay then...
TSUAggie
Aggieangler93 said:

I called discount to do a rotation and balance, and they aren't doing that during the pandemic. I need to call another location. Looks like this is a corporate decision based on the Kung flu. They are only doing emergency services, which I guess means selling tires or fixing flats? Maybe? Hell....don't ask me.

Yes, guy said they've stopped all non-emergency services. I can in because I had a nail in a tire on my trailer. I was going to get all of them replaced anyway, but they were quick to check all the other tires before even looking at the one with the nail in it. They're pretty desperate to sell anything right now.
Silvy
AG
Just being the end of Q1, they're trying to move inventory. Near spring break is typically busy af as people are trying to get new tires for upcoming road trips. Doubt they had much of that this year.

I called my former manager yesterday to get pricing on a wheel/tire setup and he knocked A LOT of money off. I had thought he was just giving me a damn good hook up this time around, I didn't think about it being the end of Q1.

That being said, I just gave him a call back and placed the order.
Complete Idiot
Cassius said:

Went by one here in the Austin area on Friday around 1:30PM - both drive through lines packed and backed up into shopping center parking lot, still had employees outside handling orders and organization. I was surprised.
03_Aggie
Aggieangler93 said:

They sent out an email last week or so saying just that....

Quote:

Stores will prioritize essential Customer needs, including but not limited to:

Flat tire repairs
Replacement of tires with low or unsafe tread
Tire air pressure maintenance

Non-essential Customer needs will not be performed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Non-essential Customer needs include, but are not limited to:

Tire Rotation and Balancing
Non-state required snow tire changeovers
EMY92
AG
Cassius said:

One of the CFAs just re-opened in Waco after remodeling last week. The drive through lines were backed up into the street for several hundred yards.
Cassius
el_scorcho
AG
Called up Discount Tire in south Austin seeing if I could get a deal and was given the "Our online pricing is good as we can do". That store must be ok for sales this quarter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.